Thread: A question for all

Default A question for all

I am making an assumption here. What makes this a wonderful world for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT...feature=fvwrel

I have been puttering around in my new found retirement, doing some chores. Today I was outside, had the radio on and the song above came on. I sat on the stump of a tree that I had cut down yesterday, watched my godsons playing in my yard, looked up at the sky and watched the clouds scooting across the sky. I thought back over the years, mulled over some of the great things I have seen and done over the years. And you know, I could not think of anything more wonderful to me than kids playing, healthy kids, kids living in freedom without fear and their innocence .

Please share your thoughts
    Last edited by Pal334; 11-10-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: punctuation
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Well, got to tell ya, with a new grandson ..now two years ago...really changes the priorities in your life, LOL.
    I hear ya.

Seems a lot of stuff becomes ...old news, and isn't as important anymore.

Now if I could just settle in to being retired....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Being lucky enough to be married to my best friend and the love of my life.

Blog Entries

Fishing with the great nephews, watching the garden grow, picking up a fresh egg just laid by one of the girls. I'm easily pleased.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Bein' above ground and breathin' pretty much does it for me
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

My wife and two boys. Like Benesse, I am married to my best friend. Thankful for our health, and that we don't need a lot to be happy. The sound of our little guy laughing is pure joy, and I love the way the older one loves his little brother. The word "family" sums it up for me.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Quite a lot actually. Mrs. Crash tops the list. She is my guidepost, my best friend, and the love of my life. Other things - being able to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us each and every day. Helping others, seeing others help others. Living in freedom. The men and women that served before me, with me and after me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Pal, I think it's a mind set or attitude. You choose your attitude every single morning. Even when you don't choose....you're choosing. If you can have a positive attitude in life then you can see the good things in just about everything. I have far too many bounties to list and far more than I should be entitled to, I'm sure. Conversely, I have about the smallest cross to bear of anyone I've ever met. All my problems are just bumps in the road, especially when compared to others.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

my wife the love of my life ,my best friend and my kids

Life has it's ups and downs, when the going gets tough the tough get going. If work is not going well I polish my boots, works for me. I thank God every day for blessing me with the life I have. I'd of never dreamed I could have it so good, a wonderful place to live, a wonderful child, and a wonderful women, it is so wonderful that you cannot help but smile. Don't take the little things for granted.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I do not understand - what is this "Polish my boots" of which you speak? Is this a cultural tradition, similar to a Polish sausage?
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

Ill never retire ! Dont have anyone to replace me (self employed, sons too lazy) gotta keep going on , it would be nice though!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by hossthehermit View Post
    I do not understand - what is this "Polish my boots" of which you speak? Is this a cultural tradition, similar to a Polish sausage?
    I work in a steel plant. You can come to work everyday and just get by or you can meet the challenges head on with a freshly polished pair of boots.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I like your attitude, Cowboy. Not only does polished footwear look good but it helps to last longer. The devil is in the details!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Polished boots are also symbolic of so many other positive qualities in a persons character.
    If you want to put your best foot forward, keep your boots polished, your ears open and your mouth shut.
    Works equally well in NYC as it does in Dubois, WY.