Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking dead Observations , Please comment

Blog Entries

Cool My duos centavos...

I liked last weeks episode where they found Rick down the well and tried getting him out...wait...that wasn't Rick? Ooops, my bad!

Well now, 1st, every week there seems to be a "gross-out" scene. Also, what's up with "Farmer john," the Vet? Anybody else suspicious of his behavior? I'm betting he's got some "zombiefied" relatives stashed somewhere in that barn...and just who was the guy in the well and how'd he get there? Hmmm...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

What were you watching? Rick was busy bleeding out. They did mention the "generator shack out back" so they answered the question about the lights.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i thought they made it pretty evident that the guy in the well fell in. they did a good job of making him waterlogged, but i thought he should have been more pruny too.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Cool Wrong Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What were you watching? Rick was busy bleeding out. They did mention the "generator shack out back" so they answered the question about the lights.
    I could have sworn that guy down the well was wearing a thong! Maybe they could have bought him off with a couple of Twinkies!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Ooh. Oh. Joke. I get it. Thong, twinkie. (cough).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    There are deuce and a halfs everywhere....there are .50 BMG (M-2) with ammo everywhere. Turn the 2.5 ton trucks into armor upped gun trucks! you can carry a lot of ammo and other supplies. With 2 gun trucks and one supply/personal up armored truck, you have redundancy in parts, plenty of ground clearance (and zombie crushing ability) and more than enough room for food, fuel and other supplies.
    AMEN! With that kind of artillery I just might start hunting zombies. Not much use in trying to rebuild with the zombie threat always present.

As for issues with the show, I missed the most recent episode as well, but I sure as hell wouldn't have every light in the house on at night with zombies running around. Oh yeah, they closed the gate, guess that keeps zombies out.

I want to see just one Fred Astaire zombie go dancing down the interstate. Maybe Bill Murray like he was in Zombieland. I think it would be really cool if they ran into Shaun from Shaun of the Dead just walking down the highway with a cricket bat or maybe with Ed already a zombie and a chain around his neck leading him down the road. Humor! We need humor!

I want to know how a horde of zombie over takes a tank! There are tanks and humvees everywhere and I don't see how something that has a top speed of "shuffle" could over take a tank.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Never read the story of the tortoise and the hare did you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubN1MPVN-4

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    I want to know how a horde of zombie over takes a tank! There are tanks and humvees everywhere and I don't see how something that has a top speed of "shuffle" could over take a tank.
    that might just be more fuel for the tank out of gas idea. i mean; the driver probably didn't off himself out of boredom.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Haven't heard of the walking dead show. I pray any mention of the One Nine is done tastefully. I may be way off base but that's what comes to mind. Forgive me if I don't research it.

It seems police officers with shot guns and rifles are better at holding off walkers than the military.

Why do dead bodies in houses and cars have flies and stink.But dead bodies walking around put out no odor or attract flys?

Quote Originally Posted by letslearntogether47 View Post
    Why do dead bodies in houses and cars have flies and stink.But dead bodies walking around put out no odor or attract flys?
    The zombies do have an odor. Several times, people have covered there noses upon killing one. Also, last season, there was an episode called "Guts" where they touched base on scent.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    ...what's up with "Farmer john," the Vet? Anybody else suspicious of his behavior? I'm betting he's got some "zombiefied" relatives stashed somewhere in that barn...
    Yep! Thought so!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

It's a pretty crappy show. I watched the first season but so far nothing has happened that they didn't steal from "28 Days Later." If that's all they've got I'll just watch the movie again. And what a weak cast. The writing is even worse. I wanted so badly to like this show but it's a steaming turd IMOHO.

Sarge - You hit the Zombie on the head with that one. Get it? Hit the Zombie....anyway. I don't know about you but my good friend Daryl is an hombre not to be messed with. Arrow shot, gun shot, falls down a cliff...twice....attacked by two zombies and still comes out victorious. I had visions of Caesar giving him a joyous thumbs up as he stood in the middle of the Coliseum with dead tigers and gladiators scattered about. Anybody that can pull an arrow out of their own body and use it to drop the enemy I want on my side during the great Apocalypse....red neck or not.

Blog Entries

Cool +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't know about you but my good friend Daryl is an hombre not to be messed with. Arrow shot, gun shot, falls down a cliff...twice....attacked by two zombies and still comes out victorious. I had visions of Caesar giving him a joyous thumbs up as he stood in the middle of the Coliseum with dead tigers and gladiators scattered about. Anybody that can pull an arrow out of their own body and use it to drop the enemy I want on my side during the great Apocalypse....red neck or not.
    Daryl rocks! I'd want him with me in a SHTF situation for sure! He doesn't mess around; don't know about his "other brother Daryl!" Best scene this week, Daryl comes out of his hallucination state to find the image of his brother has been replaced with a real Zombie trying to eat his foot! ("Ah c'mon! Quit pulling my leg!" get it?) Like the "ears on a string" necklace.I suspect they'll all be the rage soon!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I think we have gotten off track with this conversation. We were talking about transportation. With no electricity and the difficulty in pumping gas, I suggest we build a chariot type vehicle with the horse yolks in the middle, between the chariots. We then lasso up a bunch of those dead fellas and yolk em up so they are chasing the humans in the front chariot. Kind of like dangling a carrot in front of them that they will never catch.

Why not just cut to the chase and yoke the zombies?

...or, flintstone mobile.