Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking dead Observations , Please comment

Default Walking dead Observations , Please comment

Ok , the show is pretty good , I like the BBC show Survivors better, but this is ok, what I dont understand is this , why do they drive a 1975 POS Winnabago ? I mean everyone is dead right? why not drive one of those $500,000 motorhomes ? same with the car a 1973 jeep wagoneer , please Id be driving a Hummer or a Mercedes SUV! The guy on the motorcycle , rides this klunkity POS , why not stop in at a Harley Shop and get a brand new Eletraglide? I personally think it has to do with budgets for the show, I could be wrong , but I wouldnt driving anyof that trash , I wouldnt stuck with the guns they have either , I would have hit every gun shop I could find , I do like the crossbow though! Those "good ol boys" Cops dont re-load? are you kidding me?

Please list your observations this could be fun!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Wish I got AMC because I have not seen the show yet.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I've watched a few episodes,but missed this last Sunday as we had no power.
    I missed like the first few weeks.But it does seem odd that they don't reinforce the vehicles so they can push traffic out of the way.
    And plow through zombies of coarse.

Here is a link to watch past episodes if you are interested

http://series-cravings.info/watch-th...ng-dead-online
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

I had about the best laugh I've had in a while over the swimmer scene. Old T-Dog deadpanned it perfectly. Great line. The pregnancy is just one step over the line for me. Too danged much drama. They can't finish 6 problems before the writer throws three more at them. They could slow that down a tad.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Its turning into Little house on the Prairie (with a few zombies)!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Plot twists are great to me. I can't wait to see which one of the villians, Shane or Merle, kills the other one.

Merle will be back next week. He's 'ornery.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

There are deuce and a halfs everywhere....there are .50 BMG (M-2) with ammo everywhere. Turn the 2.5 ton trucks into armor upped gun trucks! you can carry a lot of ammo and other supplies. With 2 gun trucks and one supply/personal up armored truck, you have redundancy in parts, plenty of ground clearance (and zombie crushing ability) and more than enough room for food, fuel and other supplies.
    I know what hunts you.

the pregnancy is to address the nature of the situation and it's implications for the human species.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Okay, so I downloaded the first five episodes and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The suspense in episode one nearly killed me when he woke up and didn't know what was going on. And when he came around the corner in Atlanta and there was a horde of zombies and he had to dive into the tank! I think I spent most the time sittin on the edge of my seat, but if I were him I think I would have checked for fuel in that tank. I don't know the first thing about how to fire one of those up but I would of at least tried, couldn't of really hurt any to try at least.

So far I have watched the first three episodes, four and five will be tomorrow....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I'm not a zombie show aficionado, but I've enjoyed the show for what it is - entertainment.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Canid
    the pregnancy is to address the nature of the situation and it's implications for the human species.
    You're one of them artsy fartsy guys aren't you?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

that depends: are electrical fires art?
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I typically don't look for the metaphorical message in your standard zombie movie. I don't ponder for hours over the writer's use of hyperbole or some surreptitious message. I generally just sit down with my cricket bat, give a good belch as a starter and enjoy.

the first season was alot better , now that they have made it out of the city , its more a drama than a SyFy show , the actions has stalled , it needs to pick up or it will be deleted soon
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

oh; there's plenty more action ahead if they don't abandon the comic completely.

I don't have cable, but have been watching season one on netflix. Thanks for turning me onto it guys. Its fairly enjoyable to watch an end of life as we know it.

Be careful. I understand there are subliminal messages in the Netflix version that will turn you into a Zombie...........Ooooh, brains.........

Blog Entries

http://www.interbent.com/warning-zom...ns-collection/

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

One thing about this show.
    It can give you some pretty intense nightmares.