Thread: Greetings from 10,000 Ft. Mountains of Colorado!

Banned

Default Greetings from 10,000 Ft. Mountains of Colorado!

Hello everyone,

I consider it a privilege and a wonderful opportunity to be on these forums. Hoping to share and learn a lot of information here. Lived in the Upper Midwest (Dakotas and Minnesota) all my life and decided to move out to the Rocky Mountains a few months ago for self-betterment.

Can't wait to meet some of ya.

Peace!

Chris

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome from 300 feet above sea level. (ASL)
    Last edited by Sourdough; 11-06-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Welcome home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Welcome to WSF.

Willie
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

Welcome from the foot of your mountain.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Sounds like you have made a move for the better. What town did you you move to? i lived in Colorado for 15 years and have friends in many mountain towns, If you tell me what town you are living in i may be able to give you some local info.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Hunter63, saying, Hey...and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntermj View Post
    Sounds like you have made a move for the better. What town did you you move to? i lived in Colorado for 15 years and have friends in many mountain towns, If you tell me what town you are living in i may be able to give you some local info.
    Heck yeah I did. Thanks to you and all those who welcomed me. I guess I'll introduce myself a bit more and give ya'll a little input on me.

Grew up in South Dakota and moved to North Dakota for University. Been an avid outdoorsman and adventurer since I was a kid. Truly believe that my involvement in Boy Scouts and growing up going on camping/fishing/hunting trips with friends and family conditioned me to love the wild! Used to extreme weather conditions (mostly cold weather) and actually like the brutal nature of winter. Thought that the mountains of Colorado (which remind me more of Western SoDak, but on a much more grand scale) would be somewhat familiar, yet a new challenge for me.

I'm currently up in the Tabernash/Fraser/Winter Park area for the winter season. Graduated university in May of 2010, enjoyed my summer after school off. Did a lot of legal/research/business work after school. Stressful stuff. Was offered a new job in the company and wasn't sure it was the right thing moving forward. Took a big leap of faith and a chance to come out here. Where I was just wasn't working out.

Spent most of late August and through the middle of September getting to know the wilderness in the area. Camped out for quite some time and got accustomed to some of the flora and fauna differences out here as opposed to the Midwest. Was real peaceful and a great way to get rid of stress. The mountains and forests have amazing energy and I'm glad I came out here. Wanted to experience and try new things while I'm still young, in good health and able. Got work lined up through the end of April so I'm stoked on that, and have aspirations to get into graduate school to obtain my MA sometime in the near future -- Fall 2012 would be nice, Spring 2012 would be fine too.

Thinking about an extended stay out in the wild when summer comes and thought that this forum would be great for consultation and advice.

Look forward to hearing more from you and the others!

Happy Sunday and Evenin' to you all.

Welcome aboard! Spent some time up in the Crested Butte/Gunnison area before. It's good times, the mountains are amazing.
    “One swallow does not make a summer, but one skein of geese, cleaving the murk of a March thaw, is the spring.” ― Aldo Leopold