Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ladies choice concealed carry guns

Hey rock, preaching to the choir.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

After looking at all the mouse guns and the prices I just figured theres nothing like a .45 , so instead of going for those plastics , get a 1911 officers and practice alot ,you'll be glad you did the first time you have to use it and the thug doesnt get up , one of them 22's and it might give you a headstart to run ,because he's coming after ya , with a 45 he's down for the count!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Forgot who said this, but it made sense at the time:
    If you shoot someone with a .22 and he finds out about it, he's gonna be real ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    Hey rock, preaching to the choir.

???? Did I miss something?

???? That means that I agree with you and have already considered what you said in your last post before you posted it.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

Copy that. Glad to hear.

Well its been a while since I started this thread. My wife has handled several at the store. Last weekend we actually had some time at the range with a 1911 and a sig .38. She never shot before and did amazing. She actually preferred the 1911 for control and recoil comfort. She did find that the weight became an issue over time. The Sig was not
    as comfortable in the hand while firing. She went back and forth between the two several times at different distances all standing. She said it felt instinctive like she knew what to do. Cool! still figuring out how to carry and what to carry, at least the process has started.
    Karl

Since this is resurrected -

My bride had a Colt Mustang .380 for years. Decided to give that to DIL to replace her Beretta .25 when she was ready to graduate for open carry on the farm (partly due to my urging, but didn't want her uncomfortable). She was quite happy with the .380.

To get my bride another handgun, she selected a Taurus PT140 (.40) and loves it after replacing the plastic magazine catch with a metal one. She loved the feel and carry. I know, didn't think much of Taurus, it performs and she loved it.

Until ... DIL shot the Taurus and really liked it. Like a good MIL, the bride gave her the Taurus to replace the .380 (making me feel much better shooting a .40S&W). That leaves the bride with no carry piece and we're looking.

The moral of this rather long story is these very petite ladies worked their way up to a .40 and are very confident shooters now with plenty of stopping power. The starting small and increasing made them both quite comfortable.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880