Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Survival Sites

Cool Online Survival Sites

Being new to the online thing, I was wondering if you folks could direct me to some good online sites for survival / disaster prepardness. I have done the goggle searches and not very impressed. Seems like everyone is either trying to sell you something or talking about the end of the world. So I am looking for some to the core survival how tos, manuals, etc.

I have found one site so far ************** It looks like it is still in the building stages, however I found it to be a great resource for current emergency information. I did not see anything that cost money, except the lectures they give, but that is expected.

Can anybody help direct me to some solid information and how to sites?

Thanks

This site has alot of solid "how-to's" on wilderness subjects. That is our primary focus here.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I see that your link has been edited before I had a chance to do so. We are pretty cautious about spam around here. I've always been partial to http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forum.php
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've removed the URL you provided. I did check the site and see they have no information on who they are so I have no way of determining if you are engaged in that site in any way. If you are then you can not post the URL in the body of your post. It's considered spamming. You can put it in your signature if you are affiliated with the site.

Coming on here and asking about good survival sites is a bit like walking into a barber shop and asking them if they know where you can find a good barber.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Huh?

There are other survival sites?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    There are other survival sites?
    In all candor, this is the only survival forum is use.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

That's because you are a gentleman of high standards and proper upbringing. The riff raff may well visit (shudder) other sites.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

before I found this site I thought their was other sites

That just proves that you, yes, even you, can be wrong. Albeit once.

but only once

or till next time

In my less informed days, I looked at other so called survival sites. This is the only one that I return to.

With the help and guidance of my fellow forum member, its been 12 months since my last visit to other so called survival sites.

Day by day I feel stronger and stronger in every way.... or something like that and my blades have never been sharper.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Conover View Post
    ... Seems like everyone is either trying to sell you something or talking about the end of the world. So I am looking for some to the core survival how tos, manuals, etc. ...

...Can anybody help direct me to some solid information and how to sites?...

Thanks
    You just answered your own question, if you stop and think about it.

How are they surviving? through scare tactics, niche marketing, and by playing upon your emotions. I think those three are pretty solid information and pretty much at the core of every single survival expert's BOB.

My two cents. Don't be fooled by the decievers.

Sir
    My apologies for the link situation. No not affilated with the website, but I will be looking into that aspect. I think it is going into the right direction. the links will not happen again.

As for the question I think you misunderstood it. Your site looks great for "Wilderness Survival" ideas and questions. However it is not the only situation that we might have to face. A well prepared person should know how to survive in almost every situation, Urban survival, Desert Survival, Chemical enviroments, pandemics and wilderness survival. Your forum dose not address "other" situations.

So my hope here was to ask one professional to give me thier professional opinion on other professionals. You ask a doctor to refer you to other specilized doctors, who are highly regarded in thier profession.

That was my intent and I hope that clears the air. I am not a spammer, not to sure what that is, i just know it is not a favorable impression.

There are plenty of sub-forums in this site that you could go to. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...y-Preparedness

or http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...r-Off-the-Grid
    "In a jam, the best friend you have is yourself." -Dick Proenneke

Links are fine as long as you don't have an interest in the site. You're welcome to put it back if you don't. While the primary focus of the forum is wilderness survival we discuss (and cuss and talk about) virtually every aspect of survival including those you listed. Being prepared is necessary no matter where you are or what environment you find yourself in. Take some time and look through the site.

And we're not very formal around here. I'm just Rick although many call me other things that can't be printed here.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And we're not very formal around here. I'm just Rick although many call me other things that can't be printed here.
    Two that come to mind are "Twinkie man" and the "thong guy!"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool And..........

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Conover View Post
    However it is not the only situation that we might have to face. A well prepared person should know how to survive in almost every situation, Urban survival, Desert Survival, Chemical enviroments, pandemics and wilderness survival. Your forum dose not address "other" situations.
    ...ex-wives, Hard plastic Nalgene water bottles, "Army Ranger Dick"...er...I mean "Rick"
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I am under the desk . I may laugh all nite. GREAT thread !!!!!!!!!! g

I found a lot of sites about this topic before I found this one.

Now I visit only this page because:
    - Here are all the necessary information in one place.
    - The forum is active and good.
    - People are friendly.

And I have to tell you the truth the Hungarian sites are...
    ...far from the reality.
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...