Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gator Huntin' Boots!

Default Gator Huntin' Boots!

An old man sold me these today...said he "wore'em once and went in a rancher's bull pasture and straightened the horns on the bulls" I was sold, figure they'll be good for gator huntin'!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Nice, I've never seen a pair with the hair on the leather, very cool. Now you just need a set of cow hide chaps to match!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Okay....There are several things we need to talk about here. 1). Nice boots. 2) Salesmen...sell. That's what they do. You can't believe everything they tell you. There are only a few of us that can actually be believed when it comes to bull. 3). Gator hunting. Really? I think everyone at the University of Florida will like the boots as well. Just choose gators that are "of age" if you know what I mean.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Wow, CS, did you lose a bet with the old man?

Hahaha
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I am not too fond of the white fur...took them for a walk to feed the horses this evening and the grass seeds looked like fleas' in the white hair. I am thinking of dying the hair to a oxblood brown color. 60 bucks for 200 plus boots...very unique, just like me.

Ya'll missed the gator huntin' joke. Gators love a good "Walker" dog...They resemble one.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Banned
    Blog Entries

Poor baby spotted fur seal.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 10-13-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Default Wow!

Didn't know they made them for men, too.
    Cute!

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Cute!
    Now that right there is funny. I don't care who you are.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Definitely unique, I've never seen a catahoula turned into boots before. Still, all jokes aside, $60 for a pair of $200 boots is a good deal, good job on the buy.
    “One swallow does not make a summer, but one skein of geese, cleaving the murk of a March thaw, is the spring.” ― Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Cute!
    LOL, LOL......(cute...choke, sputter..cute)

Still a good deal, and yeah, missed that walker hunting dog reference, was thinking more like Saturday nite specials......

I just picked up a Stetson, at a sale.... for $18 bucks, like new, beaver felt..............always wanted a Stetson.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

My grandfather always wore a Stetson. Every time I mention getting one my wife gives me a look with her head tilted and her hands on her hips. I don't know what that means but it sure don't look good.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

C'mon Rick; you know what that means!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Nope. And I don't ask. If it looks bad I go with that. If it looks good I go with bad, too. I get in a lot less trouble that way.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Now that right there is funny. I don't care who you are.
    I never been called cute before!

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    I never been called cute before!
    Count yourself called.

I have always been anti-cowboy boots. Maybe it is from being in High School in San Antonio with all the kickers who thought they were real, but most never rode a horse in their lives. So anyways, a couple years ago, I went to my grandpas house a couple days after he died. My dad takes me into his bedroom to show all the clothes they are trying to clean out of the closet. There were a couple Sunday suits that fit me perfect (height, waist, etc.) that I take and then I see he has a fairly new pair of cowboy boots. I figure I will try them on, and when they don't fit, I can pass on them. Well, they fit perfect. It was like they were custom made for my feet. They don't fit my dad, my uncle, or my brothers. I have always had very odd shaped feet and have trouble finding shoes that fit. When I tried on the boots, I learned where I got them from. I wear the boots every so often. Mostly to church as a dress boot. They aren't real dressy, but they are real clean and simple. They are very comfortable. I still won't pay money for a pair of cowboy boots, but I will wear these. They remind me of grandpa. Sorry for the long story. Your boots sorta reminded me of my grandpas.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Count yourself called.

I have always been anti-cowboy boots. Maybe it is from being in High School in San Antonio with all the kickers who thought they were real, but most never rode a horse in their lives. So anyways, a couple years ago, I went to my grandpas house a couple days after he died. My dad takes me into his bedroom to show all the clothes they are trying to clean out of the closet. There were a couple Sunday suits that fit me perfect (height, waist, etc.) that I take and then I see he has a fairly new pair of cowboy boots. I figure I will try them on, and when they don't fit, I can pass on them. Well, they fit perfect. It was like they were custom made for my feet. They don't fit my dad, my uncle, or my brothers. I have always had very odd shaped feet and have trouble finding shoes that fit. When I tried on the boots, I learned where I got them from. I wear the boots every so often. Mostly to church as a dress boot. They aren't real dressy, but they are real clean and simple. They are very comfortable. I still won't pay money for a pair of cowboy boots, but I will wear these. They remind me of grandpa. Sorry for the long story. Your boots sorta reminded me of my grandpas.
    I got it honest too..Dad has 14+ horses in Tijera Mnts. NM. I spent alot of time in San Antonio the doctors there saved my sisters life! Yeah, you gotta be able to back it up if your gonna wear a buckle with a bull on it. I don't like the show and glow cowboy's myself. Each time I pick up a foot on my trusty stead I fully realize he can break something real quick...I do a gut check.. It is all worth it when I ride him through a dark hollow at night and can't see my hand in front of my face but have no doubt he has all the light he needs and brings me out the other side...An awesome experience.

I always thought the cowboy boots had pointer toes then those, but then again what do I know.....?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I always thought the cowboy boots had pointer toes then those, but then again what do I know.....?
    The pointed toes are to help you get your foot in the stirrup or get'em out. The heels are to keep you from getting hung in the stirrups which Dad did and got a concuscion team pinning at the rodeo. Fact is alot of work on the horse farm requires something a little more nimble than pointed toes and high heels. These are work boots. I can ride in them because I have extra wide custom stirrups because I work more than I play. Another point I'd like to make is a "real" cowboys horse would be a pony by todays standards. My 16 hand Qtr. Horse is a lot of horse...Why did they ride ponies? Well because they fit between the tree's.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Sorry hunter, it is just me painting with a wide brush. Something I am learning to not do so much. I am almost certain you know more about it than I.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    The pointed toes are to help you get your foot in the stirrup or get'em out. The heels are to keep you from getting hung in the stirrups which Dad did and got a concuscion team pinning at the rodeo. Fact is alot of work on the horse farm requires something a little more nimble than pointed toes and high heels. These are work boots. I can ride in them because I have extra wide custom stirrups because I work more than I play. Another point I'd like to make is a "real" cowboys horse would be a pony by todays standards. My 16 hand Qtr. Horse is a lot of horse...Why did they ride ponies? Well because they fit between the tree's.
    And you know why indians rode appaloosas right, cause they were the only ones they could run, catch up with, and catch (ba-doo-ba-du)....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.