Thread: Floating Debris Field

Default Floating Debris Field

Need a slightly used boat? Icebox? Construction materials? Some spent nuclear material? SJJ and I were talking about the debris field from the Japanese tsunami. Get ready you West Coasters and Alaskans it's headed your way. Hopefully the Mayans got it wrong because it won't make land until after 2012.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...usa/50914576/1
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

time to brush up on marine salvage law just because it's another's misfortune doesn't mean it should go to waste.

in some parts of the world this would be considered a new house, fixer-upper fishing boat, most of a gill netting operation and a new lease on life:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by canid; 10-26-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

"Dude, look. There's bologna and milk in the fridge. You think it's any good?"
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

the bologna and the condiments would probably be just fine. tom hanks and wilson never had it so good.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

By the time the fishing gear makes it to the shores of the Chugach Sourdough will make a fortune selling "antique" fishing gear to the restaurant designers in the lower 48.

I see Nice Water Logged Timbers (Exotics) Get collecting and Re Sell to the A&%&%* Polie's Who Want to Put it In there New Homes . Or Salavage It Dry It and Make Super Looking Knife Scales for you New Knives. Also See A Nice House Boat
    1 Boat/Roof and Timbers for Support. Inter Weave the Fishing Nets for Screening . Joy Joy .
    Last edited by Skinner; 10-26-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    To Fail Is to Learn from your Mistakes and Advanced off of that Failure.

While going through the debris that comes ashore would be interesting (and necessary), finding human remains in that debris would be a little unsettling.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought y'all had found the missing F.A.R.T boat. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Wait a danged minute. I thought that hull looked familiar. Who took the blamed thing to Japan? And I'm pretty sure those two yeller things are 2Dumb's kidney stones we had in the glass case. Those might have been world record size. Tell us again how you passed them?

Gilligan,"hey professor,you're not going to believe what washed up on the beach".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is it possible to genetically engineer whales or sharks to eat this stuff?

yeah; but they have a ruthless union.

I'm sure, given enough time, this mess will end up in the Great Pacific Trash Vortex. It's at least 700,000 sq. kilometers and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm sure, given enough time, this mess will end up in the Great Pacific Trash Vortex. It's at least 700,000 sq. kilometers and growing.
    Do I see a roadtrip in the near future?

Okay, follow me on this, it's in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Roadtrip? Pacific Ocean? Once you leave California it's pretty much a watertrip.

Wait a danged minute. I thought that hull looked familiar. Who took the blamed thing to Japan? And I'm pretty sure those two yeller things are 2Dumb's kidney stones we had in the glass case. Those might have been world record size. Tell us again how you passed them?
    Reluctantly.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Okay, follow me on this, it's in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Roadtrip? Pacific Ocean? Once you leave California it's pretty much a watertrip.
    Pfft.....come on Rick. Think about it. He "road" the boat. Duh! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Pfft.....come on Rick. Think about it. He "road" the boat. Duh! LOL
    Yeah, but his name was Michael, not Natertot.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And he was headed toward shore not the middle of the ocean. Could you just have the mule log on please.