Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everytime I go somewhere else?

Default Everytime I go somewhere else?

Seems I go to other forums and just cant seem to find anything useful about the sites , I tend to publish something just to irratate the hell out of the whiners so they'll throw me out! I just cant bring myself to do that in this forum because theres so much of value here , I havent seen anything remotely bad about this site , I actually value the opinions of the posters in this site , there arent many forums I value anything from the poisters , this sit has it all , many times I just read , I suppose I could post more , but that would get in the way of my reading ! Other sites are too busy yaking about the impending zombie attack and you just cant take them serious!

Thank you for having me here!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Yeah, well there are a lot of opinions out there, and each group seems to have a "line of thinking" that need to be adheared to.

I haven't found that here.

By and large we seem to be able to cover a lot of subjects with out too much drama....mostly...just good info from "them that's doing".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It's actually your penance for going to other forums. And let's just set the record straight shall we? There are no "other forums". There are other web sites but this is the only true forum, run by dedicated wild men that are willing to do whatever it takes to prove wilderness theories. For example, Sarge has spent all this week breathing through a reed while underwater. The down side is we're just hateful enough to let him stay down there a bit longer.

Now, let's have no more talk of other forums.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I heard about a forum once that was 240 miles from the nearest road. Wonder if there is any truth to that?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool What????????

There are other forums?

Time to get back under water!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Now, let's have no more talk of other forums.
    Maiden'Forum............Please, Pretty please.........???????

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Maiden'Forum............Please, Pretty please.........???????
    SD: You are one sick puppy. I'll bet at least 75% of the members don't know what you're talking about. Well, maybe less since there a lot of you old guys around here.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

old guys with wives ,yep we know what he's saying!!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Now I feel bad. That's the first thing I thought of.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yep............guilty.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yes....that means I am not old.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Or.....old and forgetful. It could also.........lost my train of thought.

Well thats makes me old (at 25) that was the first thing that came to mind. I agree with Semperfi you guys and gals know your stuff and love sharing with people that just want to learn. So to all of you I say thanks.
    Never forget the six P prinicipal "Prior Planing Prevents Piss Poor Perfomance"

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome!

The one thing I notice when going from forum to forum is an overwhelming conservative presence. I appreciate the forums the most that keep this unbalance in check.

I find myself reading threads about hunting and bushcraft and the next thing you know I'm caught up in the middle of a debate over some political agenda. And yes, those agendas are multi-faceted. Conservative, liberal, communist?, capitalist. Everybody wants to have their agenda represented, even when talking about something as simple as the weather. Now, I'm not saying I've seen that on this forum as of late, but it does seem to mkae it's way into every forum eventually. It reminds me of rust, internet rust. LOL!

You can keep a car clean here in Michigan, but eventually it will rust. You can sand it down and repaint it, but eventually it rusts again.

Rust is not an issue for this forum. Smoke and mirrors don't rust.

most of "these "type of forums tend to be conservative , very true because we see the world as it is .I dont mind the conservatism , but it does get annoying , because the its usually the "far right" or on the liberal side the "far left" and the religious slant really bugs me , if thats the world we're heading into Im stocking up on ammo and guns because theres gonna be a major battle brewing!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Most men view the world and ask why. I view the world and ask why not.

Yeah, I just made that up. You can use it if you want. I don't charge royalties even on my good stuff.

This is toooooooo funny. Leave it to a guy bothered by politics to bring politics into a thread where none existed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Shoosh, I'm going to put little pieces of cotton in the top of Sarg's reed. Wonder if he will turn blue or red, maybe in that order.

If you go too far right, you're on the left. If you go too far left, you're on the right. Same bunch of arsholes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    Conservative, liberal, communist?, capitalist. Everybody wants to have their agenda represented, even when talking about something as simple as the weather.
    If the Russians were not messing with the weather that would not be a factor in the discussion!

And I blame Al Gore for inventing the internet! This technology attracts so many people that are WRONG that I have to stay on the computer most of my spare time trying to straighten them out!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?