Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Online Course in Remote/Wilderness Medicine

I have all the Wilderness Medical Lessons 1-7 posted in my library. If anyone is interested they can view them by clicking on the link below and scrolling down to Medical. The first is labeled as:

Global Medical Rescue's Wilderness Medicine Lesson 1

Last edited by Rick; 05-09-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed URL
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks Rick,since I never got an email from them when I tried.

Wow, the governator and the twinkienator both have libraries...what's this world coming to?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Governator?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Governator?
    Ahnold, de guvenatoh of Califonya..he has his own libwawy....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Ahnold, de guvenatoh of Califonya..he has his own libwawy....
    hey ,you did that pretty well,sounded just like him!

Dahnk yew, I had exahktly one less guut movie zan Stallone, but I am fah bettah conditioned yah? He's a guhly boy

He's so good it's scary. Could it be Arnold is using Trax as a forum name?

Oh no,I can assure you,it is Trax

Also is de Twinkinatoh, a guhlyboy I mean. Come on Wick, exehzize doze pecs...

Arnold is pretty profound. “It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat.” - Arnold.

I wanted to bump this thread up. They have new courses for 2009. You can take an online course, free of charge, and you receive an excellent set of medical documents. Nearly 400 pages, all free. It's all about Wilderness, Remote and Expedition Medical. I printed them out and put them in a 3 ring binder. This is one of the books that's in my BOB. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureDoc View Post
    I thought some people here might like this new course offered by Global Medical Rescue Services, about wilderness/remote/expedition medicine.
    They posted here about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. There are around 10 lessons. I compleated them all and was informed that I would receive a Certificate of Completion. Never came. I kept emailing them (4 to 5 times) about it, got a of of excuses, but was kept being told I would receive it. NEVER GOT IT!. It was their only post here, so I figured they were only trying to get people to pay for their training in Beleze. Still I got a lot of good info.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Thanks for bringing this up to the front.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Rick,

I too got no response from them in my email. So, I just downloaded the lessons (and a few other things) from your library. What a great resource!

I actually received mine. It's probably somewhere around here but I have no idea where. I'm sure that piece of paper and a couple of bucks would get me some coffee. There are like 435 pages of medical information from the lesson plans. Covering some pretty diverse topics from concepts and ideas to communication to a full list of mental and physical ailments including dental. How to diagnose and treat all of them.

Sounds like they just didn't want to upset the Minister of Science......you know.....fire and brimstone and all that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Funny you should mention that. All my brimstone has disappeared. I'm thinking Erun is using it in his backyard. Either that or he's trying to make an oil lamp out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There are like 435 pages of medical information from the lesson plans. Covering some pretty diverse topics from concepts and ideas to communication to a full list of mental and physical ailments including dental. How to diagnose and treat all of them.
    That's why I wanted the certificate, it helps me get clients, and makes them feel safer being out in the wilderness with me. Also makes me more comfortable. Knowledge is good!
    Last edited by Rick; 05-11-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Ahah! Now I understand. That certificate would mean a LOT more to you than to me. Gotcha! You downloaded all of the courses, right?