Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Online Course in Remote/Wilderness Medicine

Default Free Online Course in Remote/Wilderness Medicine

I thought some people here might like this new course offered by Global Medical Rescue Services, about wilderness/remote/expedition medicine.

Best of all...it is free and sent directly to you, in your in-box!

http://www.gmrsltd.com/2008ShortCourse.html

Blog Entries

Thanks Doc.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I just finished the first lesson and it is extremely good with some thought provoking ideas and concepts. While it is geared for the medical professional in a wilderness setting, it has excellent application to the lay person. Not only will you gain insight into the practice of medicine in the wilderness, many of the ideas and concepts that are discussed can be applied to the much broader concept of wilderness survival.

Thanks AD, good stuff!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I thought I would follow up AD's site with one for general first aid in the wild.

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure...ival/first.htm
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Doc
    I've trained through SOLO for my Wilderness First Responder certification, as a wilderness guide it's a requirement. My experience while in the Marine Corps taught me the value of first aid. I keep up with my training on a regular basis, so I'm looking forward to seeing this course. Thanks!
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I thought I would follow up AD's site with one for general first aid in the wild.

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure...ival/first.htm
    Nice sight Rick! I don't know how you find all the sights you do but you are a great resource of information. Thanks!
    "Just Get Out!"

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post
    Nice sight Rick! I don't know how you find all the sights you do but you are a great resource of information. Thanks!
    The interweb is his life...he's Twinkie the Surferboy (da de da DAH) show 'em your spandex surferboy superhero outfit Twink.

I've saved both links for more in-depth perusal at a later time by the way, thanks to both you guys.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Great site, just starting into it, looks like it is an interresting read. thanks very muchto both of you.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Oooops! Wrong one!!!! Uh..just a little training I was going through. Sorry. Here it is:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Yikes, really man I'm so sorry I asked....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Exclamation How long does it take to receive the lesson?

I just finished the first lesson and it is extremely good with some thought provoking ideas and concepts. While it is geared for the medical professional in a wilderness setting, it has excellent application to the lay person. Not only will you gain insight into the practice of medicine in the wilderness, many of the ideas and concepts that are discussed can be applied to the much broader concept of wilderness survival.

Thanks AD, good stuff!
    I requested the information twice and it hasn't been delivered to my mail box. Does it take awhile? Thanks.
    "Just Get Out!"

It took about 20 minutes or so to receive the confirmation email. Once I clicked on the confirmation email then I received the download for the first lesson on about 10 minutes.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Thanks!!!!

It took about 20 minutes or so to receive the confirmation email. Once I clicked on the confirmation email then I received the download for the first lesson on about 10 minutes.
    Thanks Rick. If these kind of questions are a bother though please let me know. I very much appreciate the help, THANKS!
    "Just Get Out!"

Thanks Rick. If these kind of questions are a bother though please let me know. I very much appreciate the help, THANKS!
    Trust me, he's got nothing better to do, just sitting there waiting for the Twinkie delivery guy to bring him his next "fix"...

No trouble at all. If you are having problems receiving, click on this link and you can download it from my library.

http://www.safezonellc.com/documents...ineLesson1.pdf

Nope. Waiting on the Sears guy to come out and charge me a bundle to fix the heater in the sun room. Twinkies would be better.

Blog Entries

Default Thanks!!!!

No trouble at all. If you are having problems receiving, click on this link and you can download it from my library.

http://www.safezonellc.com/documents...ineLesson1.pdf
    Nothing Yet from the sight, I went ahead and down loaded your copy. Thanks!
    "Just Get Out!"

I've trained through SOLO for my Wilderness First Responder certification.
    Hi pgvoutdoors, What did you think of their training?

Thanks Doc and Rick, good info.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    Hi pgvoutdoors, What did you think of their training?

Thanks Doc and Rick, good info.
    Very good training, nice facility in Conway, New Hampshire. They are the originators of wilderness first aid certifications but they're other good ones out there now. I highly recommend them.
    "Just Get Out!"

PGV--aren't the people from SOLO also the same who put out the Wilderness Medicine Newsletter? I am pretty sure it's the same. I'd love to take a class from them, their Wilderness Medicine Newsletter is simply awesome.

Glad people liked the link!