Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you drank Chaga Tea? Personal benifits from it?

Lightbulb Have you drank Chaga Tea? Personal benifits from it?

Have you (or do you) drank Chaga Tea? If so, did you (or do you) notice any personal benefits from it?
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

No, I don't and thanks for asking.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Chaga has some of the highest amounts of anti-oxidants of any food. Plus, Polysaccharides that enhance the immune system, Betulinic acid to counter viral infections, Triterpenes to lower cholesterol, improve circulation, and detoxify the liver, Germanium (a free-radical scavenger) to cleanse the blood, and normalize blood pressure. Other nucleosides, phytonutrients, minerals, and amino acids including saponin, magnesium, chromium, iron, kalium, beta-glucan, inotodiol and isoprenoid.

I know, play with it outside...

Actually, I was gonna say don't be runnin' in the house with it in your hands.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Never even heard of it. Where can I get some to try?
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

It's chaga conk or tinder fungus, known scientifically as the chaga mushroom. The Chaga mushroom is a fungi that grows on the wounds of birch trees. Occasionally chaga is also found on ironwood, elm, alder and beeches but both paper birch and yellow birch seems to be its favorite.

http://www.survivaltopics.com/survival-supplies/

They have a complete info page here:
    http://www.survivaltopics.com/surviv...inal-mushroom/

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Sounds like it would make you howl at the moon and chase domestic animals for unnatural acts that I won't mention. Probably would almost come close to decent clear, invigorating homemade drink from the hills that is truly the nectar of the Gods.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    Sounds like it would make you howl at the moon and chase domestic animals for unnatural acts that I won't mention.
    You need tea for that?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

No. In fact, if you drink to much of it or the nectar of the gods you generally wind up losing your pistola and your knife and starting telling people that they hid from you.

Blog Entries

I thought it was in like health stores or something, and yeah you chase domestic animals for unnatural acts that you won't mention, I know ya do... lol
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Talking Not Again

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No. In fact, if you drink to much of it or the nectar of the gods you generally wind up losing your pistola and your knife and starting telling people that they hid from you.
    You keep dragging up unpleasant memories. One good thing, the knife hasn't been found in anyone's back and no shootings traced back to yours truly
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

i use reishi, and conifer reishi, but i also eat a lot of shelf fungi which have similar medicinal properties, as do many other wood loving fungi, such as Herecium species [lion's mane fungus, comb tooth fungus, etc].

personally, i don't seem to get sick more than once each winter if i'm living someplace with good fall mushroom hunting, and i am otherwise illness prone. when i'm living such places, i tend to spend a lot more time in the cold and damp, camping, hiking, hunting, even hunting mushrooms.

the only conk fungi i've eaten [drinken] are the ganodermas.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

More info:

Wilderness Medicinal Mushroom

Fire making aside, the chaga mushroom is also well known for its huge load of immune stimulating phytochemicals and betulin that can be consumed as a tea. Some of these compounds are derived from the birch tree and bark it consumes and concentrates in its flesh.

The chaga fungus has some of the highest amounts of anti-oxidants of any substance consumed by man. Siberian folk medicine and modern uses of a tea made from Chaga fungus include:

* boosting the immune system
    * treating stomach diseases
    * Intestinal worms
    * Liver and heart ailments
    * Cancers including those of the breast, liver, uterine, and gastric
    * Hypertension
    * Diabetes
    * anti-tumor activity
    * The active compound inotodiol which works against influenza A and B viruses and cancer cells.
    * Activity against HIV-1
    * As an anti-inflammatory

Some experts claim the Chaga is the best anti-cancer mushroom of all.

Them birch tree mushrooms been used for medicinal purposes by the Cree for a few thousand years or so, didn't know someone was marketing them. Go figure.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I always thought that Chaga was used for tinder in a fire piston, never heard of this use. A neighbor has cancer and started drinking the Chaga Tea. I didn't know if he was being conned out of his money.

most of the woody bracket fungi have been implicated for some level of anti cancer or at least anti tumor activity. they're a joy to know, being so versatile.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

i think calling it a mushroom is misleading it is a fungus that gorws on birch trees now this is something that i have heard about before but always thought about it more for firelighting, i will have to research more on the tea aspect of it, actually when i was out with another one of my mentors this week he pointed out the yellow birch to me and the chaga growing on it
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

I'd never heard of it before now.
    I am however taking Reishi Gano and Ganocelium which have rave write ups.
    Not much Birch here....too hot.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there

I had said it was known scientifically as the chaga mushroom. The Chaga mushroom is a fungi that grows on the wounds of birch trees. Occasionally chaga is also found on ironwood, elm, alder and beeches but both paper birch and yellow birch seems to be its favorite.

Posted above,

Wilderness Medicinal Mushroom

Fire making aside, the chaga mushroom is also well known for its huge load of immune stimulating phytochemicals and betulin that can be consumed as a tea. Some of these compounds are derived from the birch tree and bark it consumes and concentrates in its flesh.

The chaga fungus has some of the highest amounts of anti-oxidants of any substance consumed by man. Siberian folk medicine and modern uses of a tea made from Chaga fungus include:

* boosting the immune system
    * treating stomach diseases
    * Intestinal worms
    * Liver and heart ailments
    * Cancers including those of the breast, liver, uterine, and gastric
    * Hypertension
    * Diabetes
    * anti-tumor activity
    * The active compound inotodiol which works against influenza A and B viruses and cancer cells.
    * Activity against HIV-1
    * As an anti-inflammatory

http://www.survivaltopics.com/surviv...inal-mushroom/