Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: If you were limited to one Pistol, 1 Rifle and 1 Shotgun what would they be?

we aint talking about beheading. shots to the chest don't behead anyone. we are discussing shooting things here. I just used the beheading to demonstate that the brain has 5 seconds worth of oxygenated blood in the cranium, at ALL times. So blowing apart the heart does not have any instantaneous incapactication ability. it will take at least 5 seconds to have that effect. any sooner results were from psychological QUITTING, due to shock and pain, NOT physical incapacitation.

That's pure nonsense. Once the brain is removed from the body everything stops. You don't even bleed because there is no longer any signal to the heart to pump.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

So if a person is beheaded they must be lonely cause he ain't got no-body
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

ok, so you cant READ. the facts are, that the eye's blink the brain is conscious for 5 seconds after beheading. but we are TALKING about SHOOTING, dude. can you get that thru your HEAD? That's what people do with guns. the title of this thread is 3 gun choices and why. i explained a few things about why. now you go SHOVE your bs about beheadings, ok?

I don't think I'll be shoving anything. But your attitude is going to cause you some problems.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

HAHAHA he sure told you off Rick .... sorry couldnt resist
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't think I'll be shoving anything. But your attitude is going to cause you some problems.
    Can we play for awhile first ...oh please oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only because I have an appointment to go to. Sarge or Crash will have to handle this one unless I get back first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Only because I have an appointment to go to. Sarge or Crash will have to handle this one unless I get back first.
    Ill be nice , I promise!

Can I play, too?.........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm too old to play and always was too mean.

to answer your question with a question. ammo availability is a def consideration. without ammo a gun is just a club. for defense, one needs a somewhat larger caliber . for survival/food gathering a smaller caliber. now to choose which for what is the question. it is a very personal thing. alaska people want bigger guns with more energy, IE dropping power(brown bear). but other southern states don't require the same things. so now we have to choose by which area we live in, ammo availability, and purpose of firearm. too many choices to air in this forum. i'm in Oregon and don't require bear dropping power so I go with a 22 bolt action rifle with lots of ammo, a 12 gauge pump with lots of different shells, and a 45 colt Judge for defense. But a hunter would want different so it all depends. sorry just too many options to nail this with one answer.

Pistol. Glock 35
    Shotgun. Moss 590 12Ga
    Rifle. PWS MK214 7.62mm

Tough question!

25-06
    45LC.
    20ga. I have had many dif. weapon's though out the years and this is what I have now.. Now in a S.H.T.F. time there will be lots of up dated weapons out there for sure....
    The Great Spirit and Country. Semper Fi.

woodsman

only one of each yall must be from up north lol

ruger single six, dirty-thirty, double 12
    Watch your top knot

I'm a shotgun man, so for that would be my westernfield 12. It's what I have and can clkear a path or bring down a bear. Not much for handguns; but with what experience I have, I like .357's the best. Shot with dozens of others and can qualify with most, just like less moving parts and a "big bang". Of all the rifles I've shot (just own a couple of .22's and a mag). I'd probably use my .22 mag, pump action. But if I had it, an old M-1. But, as I said, I love my grandpa's 12!

40 S&W
    Sig Sauer 716 DMR 7.62
    Rem 870

Hummm, how about,

AR-15
    Savage 7mm
    Colt .357

Question.....
    IF there was a reason for a limit on how many.....Do you really think you would have choice?

Maybe the question would have to be.....
    If you already own whatever....and had to choose which 4 and had to carry the ammo, with no possibility of re-supply....which 4 would you choose?....with how much ammo?

I gonna guess here will be a lot more interest in .22's........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Good question, H63! One gun I would be carrying would be my H&R single shot with multiple barrels; I currently have a .357 mag, a 44 mag and a 20 ga set of barrels. Probably acquire a .308 and or .223 barrel set as well. 38 Sp/.357 ammo and 44 Sp/44 mag ammo , to me anyway seems a good power to weight ratio which justifies lugging it around . A second gun would be my Taurus 44 Tracker. Uses the same ammo as the single shot H&R A third gun would be a .22 Mag, most likely my Magnum Research in 22 Mag. I have high capacity magazines for it and it has more punch that a 22 LR. The forth gun would be my Taurus Tracker 22/22 mag revolver. I would want at least one gun to be chambered in 22 LR. Depending on circumstances I might substitute a 357 revolver for the 22 revolver. I probably would not carry much over 100 rds of 20 ga shotgun ammo.