Thread: Tops Stryker Defender Video Review

Default Tops Stryker Defender Video Review

Here's a quick look at a knife that I carry on my load out vest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osyXHbPPTpM

Nice vid. The knife is not really my cup of tea, but if it works for you then it works for me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That was a nice vid. I'll pass on the knife, too. It's not my cup of tea but it looks like a nice knife.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Remember all these knives are tools. This one I'm sharing is the one on my Tactical Vest. One of my all time favorite knives is my Esee RC-4 that knife in the woods I would carry all day every day.. I also did a short review on that knife on my YouTube channel. Hey thanks for watching the video's. I love the exchange of ideas and what I learn from talking to folks like you.

There's nothing wrong with the knife I just don't care for serrations. Some folks love 'em. And the hog bristles on the back aren't really my style. But you're the guy that has to carry it so if you like it that's all that matters. Lot's of folks probably wouldn't like my choice but it's fine for me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the knife I just don't care for serrations. Some folks love 'em. And the hog bristles on the back aren't really my style. But you're the guy that has to carry it so if you like it that's all that matters. Lot's of folks probably wouldn't like my choice but it's fine for me.
    Hey I just have to say I work with the local scouts here in San Diego and I love your avatar! That movie UP! was a hoot.

Does the knife's saw work? Seems terribly short for a saw with teeth that big.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Someone on here, I won't mention who (2Dumb) kept comparing me to Russell. Personally, I thought Russell was pretty insulted but that's between him and you know who.

they don't even look like saw teeth on the spine. they just look like a cosmetic feature. if you were to get those snagges on something at the wrong time that could be a let-down. if you where - god forbit - to have to stab something with a fair give, you'd have a heck of a time getting it back. if they would at least give it an offset kerf so it was a viable saw it would give a little justification.

this is my theory, and i probably share it with some others: we don't see very many quality knives with proper saw blades because there are not many situations were such a knife is particularly usefull weighed against the drawbacks.

as for the serration; it's small, and pretty close to the choil, and i'm at least happy that that makes it fairly unobtrusive. i would be happier to see it on the spine and even further out of the way, since that real estate on the blade is valuable for other jobs that might better call for a plain edge.

other than those gripes, it does looks like a reasonable quality, sturdy knife.
    Last edited by canid; 10-15-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I don't like a knife with them big teeth on top. it's not just a tool it is also a weapon and sure don't want it too hang when being pulled back out, but then all too their own.
    The Great Spirit and Country. Semper Fi.