Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Snow Storm

Blog Entries

Just remember, pics or it didn't happen. I need a snow fix!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I haven't been in snow in about a decade now. I honestly don't miss it at all. Guess that's what I get for living in certain areas of the country.

I do miss thunder storms though.

Ah, jeese. Stop by anytime and you can experience both....on the same day.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, snow just started. Winnie, I'll take a pic or two If it accumulates and stays long enough.

I wish I had warm apple pie with heavy cream right now.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

But the important question is do you have bread, milk and eggs?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yes, Tomorrow I will have rum soaked raisin and maple syrup on vanilla french toast dusted with cinnamon and nutmeg.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Dang. When the zombies hit I'm headed to your house. Have any idea how many zombies per cricket bat I'd get between here and there? A guy doesn't wan to run short on cricket bats.

Ah Ha!! No milk, bread and eggs needed here. She has accepted the fact that we are only going to be in the 40's, alot of rain and wind with perhaps a light dusting of snow overnight Saturday. Just 30 miles north and west, a different story, could be 8-12 inches of heavy wet snow (heart attack snow). Going to be a good for a book on the couch.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal
    Ah Ha!! No milk, bread and eggs needed here. She has accepted the fact that we are only going to be in the 40's, alot of rain and wind with perhaps a light dusting of snow overnight Saturday.
    Translated: "She advised me we have enough."

Ooops, may have spoken too soon. Temps have dropped to 33 (at least 7 degrees lower than predicted) and rain is now sleet, accumulating on cars and grass areas. This accumulation is about 12 hours sooner than predicted. I am going to lock myself in the "man cave" and hope for the best
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Hey Pal ---- talk to you when you get back from the store.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

"They" are calling for 10 - 14" here by the time it stops tomorrow. We'll see.
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

I'm in the 8-12 inch area.It's coming down like crazy here right now,very large flakes.
    Definitely looks like power outage type snow fall,heavy wet stuff.I'll snap a few pictures when it starts building up.
    I have to go make sure the snowblower is ready to go than check out the generator.
    I'm sitting by my wood stove watching the weather channel right now.I have 3 cord of wood so heat is not an issue if the power goes out.

LLT - The snowblower and genny should have been ready yesterday. Today is disaster day. Remember, never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

Yeah I spent the morning doing the maintenance stuff. Work has been hell the last few weeks and who'd a thunk it would snow a foot before Halloween.
    Had all the parts and oil and gas and stuff. All done now and I'm in enjoying that fire, not out in the cold and wet futzing with the stuff.
    Comin down like hell. And we're on the ice/snow line again......

It'll melt.............
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

Dog water dish on porch had ice on it, this morning...will be coming soon......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    LLT - The snowblower and genny should have been ready yesterday. Today is disaster day. Remember, never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
    Nah,worked till 5 pm then didn't feel like dealing with it in the dark.
    Both started right up anyways.Lost power just for a few seconds so far.Enough to screw up all the clocks.

I just saw on the news over 1 million without power and two dead.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/29/us...orm/?hpt=us_c1

I was without power from 3 am Sunday till 6 pm Tues.
    I had to pull the generator carb Sunday afternoon and got that running good.It's only a 900 watt but it powered the fridge and several lights.I have a wood stove for heat.House temp. never got below 66 deg.
    Trees are down everywhere.The heavy wet snow took down lots of trees as they still had leaves.
    My nieghborhood was a ghost town except for those that had generators.