Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tradition Medicine - Treatment of Poision Ivy

Only rubbing alcohol will get rid of the poison ivy oil. If you use soap and water first you will only spread it!

So you are saying that Jewel weed hasn't worked for all the people that posted before you including myself? Wow!! thanks for the info??? Only??? Perhaps for you.

Your treatment is effective as long you treat within 10 min or so.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

I usually use calamine lotion although I try to wear long sleeves and pants when I know I'm in poison ivory country. Usually I get chiggers more often than poison ivy. As far as eating the leaves, I don't think I'd risk my health doing that. I'd hate to get poison ivy in my mouth or throat.
    Robert - the woods is my home

Try the jewel weed. It's abundant throughout Indiana.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ok peeing and Jewel Weed I have heard of but in all honest would probably not use it. Simple remedy is Baking soda and water. Mix them up to a thick paste an apply. Do this every 6 hours. Baking soda drys it out an extacts it from the skin. This is also good with mosquito and other insect bites. Even bee stings. Its simple an cost little to make. An when it dry in the container it is in, just add water.