Thread: Deer season opens in the morning

Default Deer season opens in the morning

I'm like a kid at Christmas,can't wait to get to the stand and hope the ten pointer I've been seeing all this fall makes an appearance,at 60 it's great to get out before dawn and watch the woods come alive,nature is the show that I love watching.

Thanks,Bob

Good luck.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks,even when you come home empty handed,there is always the thrill of the hunt!

Thanks,Bob

I was supposed to be camping tonight and hunting in the morning. Darn crud has kept me from doing that. Dr. put me on antibiotics today, so we shall see if I feel up to hunting tomorrow evening.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

over slept this morning because of back meds.. :-(
    Guess I'll be heading out for the afternoon hunt .. Best of luck to you all..

Fire felt good this morning...

Have fun tuxdad. My season started a week ago today, but I have not gone because I am still recovering from two broken wrists and a broken rib. The rib is good enough now and I think my left wrist is okay now too. My right wrist is definately not up to it yet though.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go on about my ailments. This is my first year ever for deer and I'm reallllly excited! I hope that you do well. Good Luck!!!!!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Bow season has been going for a month here. You would think KY was the Camo clothing capitol of the world. My students are dressed in camo head to toe, bringing in pictures of their kills and comparing antler spreads.

Good to see these 14-18 year olds focused on cammo patterns, scent block and proper positioning of the tree stand.

At least in KY, the best attractant for acquiring the attention of a pretty girl is a big old dead deer in the back of the pickup!

You have to be careful though, she may have killed a bigger one than you.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Just got back,saw a lot of does,but the rut is not in full swing,no scrapes,however the herd is in good shape,beautiful this morning,red tailed hawks,coyotes,a raccoon coming in from a nights marauding,gone back this evening!

Thanks,Bob

Just dragging back in .. Had showers off and on for most of the time, then the downpour started.. Kicked back under my ground blind and made a fire.. Just wished I'd have remembered to bring water to make some hot chocolate or soup.. Still, I enjoyed myself.. Had a guy come trudging through that was soaked to the bone.. He was amazed I had a fire going, and asked if he could join me.. Needless to say I let him join me.. Poor guy was dang near shivering.. He asked a lot of questions about how I was able to get a fire going and what not, and where I found dry wood.. So I explained what to look for, and told him about a number of forums to look at.. So I'm guessing he'll be checking out and learning a bunch from the folks here ...

No water?
    Raining?

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    No water?
    Raining?
    You saw that too! I wonder if he didn't have a container to collect in.

LOL Yea I know... Had the rain tarp in case I actually got thirsty.. Just never got thirsty is all...

Yep had a container as well...

Guess I should'v added that in there...