Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fort Seybert Rendezvous

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    The one i was looking at is an early Lancaster pattern but with out the patch box. here http://www.longrifles-pr.com/earlylancaster.shtml
    Nice! Are you going flint or cap?

I like flint I'm an 18th century guy. I know the benefit of cap. I have a 45 cal CVA kentucky percussion and a Petercelli 1853 enfield. I haven't put powder through them yet. I'm also considering putting my father's 6.5 mm Japanese WWII rifle in working order. It looks like it came from the new guy on his first day gone wrong. Only problem is that the stock is cut between the fore stock and the muzzle at the barrel band. Also considering finding a 30.06. Gun show this weekend here in WV Hmmmmm.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Thanks, now I Know.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    I agree with Crashes explanation of fringe, it does seem to help you dry faster.

Rebel, Thanks for the link, its not one i have, I'll have to look around. The one i was looking at is an early Lancaster pattern but with out the patch box. here http://www.longrifles-pr.com/earlylancaster.shtml
    My understanding on fringe was to break up your silhouette, but I'm thinking it more for decoration.

My latest ML is a Lancaster Flinter from Gene Benedict, fellow buck-skinner that frequents the South Port rendezvous....Ha been lusting after one of his rifles for a few years now.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27