Thread: Remington 1100 Tactical

Default Remington 1100 Tactical

Okay, that's probably an oxymoron but I did beef up my 1100 by adding an extended magazine as well as a Speedfeed III Tactical Stock. It now boasts 10 rounds in the mag and 1 in the chamber as well as 4 in the butt stock. Bunnies beware.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Okay, that's probably an oxymoron but I did beef up my 1100 by adding an extended magazine as well as a Speedfeed III Tactical Stock. It now boasts 10 rounds in the mag and 1 in the chamber as well as 4 in the butt stock. Bunnies beware.
    Let me get this straight...you have extended the amount of times you can miss without reloading????

Seriously isn't it heavy? I'd think it'd be real heavy and effect the swing? Pics please!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

In my experiance there comes a point when hunting where more shots are just expensive noise....Now in a self defense mode, the more the merrier.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Actually, heavy was my first concern but it isn't. The fore stock and butt stock are polymer which reduced some weight and the only real weight are the 2 3/4 shells. Since they weigh almost nothing there really isn't much weight. Since four are loaded in the butt stock that helps to offset the weight at the end of the barrel. It's really balanced pretty well. I'll put up some pics tomorrow for you.

But yeah, missing a lot of times is important to me. Defense is really the first concern with it. I have some really weird rounds and some more that I'm going to pick up. I can actually turn this thing into a flame thrower. I don't think I'd want to be on the receiving end of that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

would those be the dragons breath rounds?
    I know what hunts you.

Yeah. Dragon's Breath is one version. There are a couple of others but they work on the same principle as I understand it.

CS - Here's a pic of it. Fully loaded with rounds in the butt it weighs in at 10.5 pounds. It sure didn't feel that heavy. Of course if I want to use it for rabbits or birds all I have to do is swap out the extended mag and re-install the factory. That will take all of ten minutes.

I traded for this bad boy in '74. Yeah, I know, that's before you were born.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I'm in favor of a full stock, pistol grip or not....not a big fan of just a pistol grip or even a folding stock.....They look cool, but in practice not pleasent to shoot.
    Nice........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Shoot I was shootin' already in '74 actually born in '72 Mr.....Thanks for the pics! I'd be interested to try a stock like that, never have. I think it would mess with my muscle memory having carried my shotguns stock for so long.
    Last edited by COWBOYSURVIVAL; 09-23-2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

My muscles have Alzheimers so every day is a new experience for them.