Thread: 18 qts of soup

Default 18 qts of soup

Yesterday the wife and I decided to clear out the remains of the garden. After we had found a little of this and that we figured that we would make some homemade soup. She started cooking the soup and I kept at the garden project. As I brought the things I found inside she added it to the pot. Then added several packages of frozen left over meat to it. Well. It ended up that we were using one of our water bath canners for a pot. Made supper lastnight lunch today and 18 qts canned for the pantry. Well spent day I'd say. Goes great with homemade cornbread.

Oldtrap
    Last edited by oldtrap59; 09-21-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

I'm not certain we saw that invitation but I'm sure what you said is true on the cornbread. We'll just have to take your word for it since we didn't get to taste it ourselves.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sounds like "Stone Soup".....Start with a big pot full of water, add a big stone....Then anything you can find.....Hummmmm... Good.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27