Thread: New Stuff

Default New Stuff

Couple things.

1. We have a new classifieds forum. If you have something you want to sell, you may post it there. You may not link to another website to sell the product. So no "Come to this website to buy my product." You have to sell the product here. No links to ebay, or your own website, or whatever. Which doesn't mean you can't also sell it somewhere else, but you just can't use the forum as a mere advertisement for the other location.

2. Only members with 100+ posts are allowed to sell things. All members can buy things.

3. To facilitate this there are now three usergroups for members where there used to be 1.

New Members people who just joined and have less than 10 posts. These people cannot blog, can send fewer PMs, cannot post visitor messages on profile, etc etc. This is a restricted account to hopefully cut down on spamming.

Regular Members people who have between 10 and 100 posts. These people have all privileges you're used to.

Senior Members people who have 100+ posts. Same as Regular Members, but allowed to post classifieds.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Good move Chris, Thank you for the "Buy/Sell Thingie".

My wife said thanks....now I have another place to buy stuff and spend money! Wooohooo

Willie
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

Good move! hopefully it will benefit the forum and it's members.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Yeah, cool, Thanks!
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

This is awesome! I just really hope that it doesn't get abused. I hate when good things go down the crapper because they want to be jack donkeys. I was wondering if in addition to a "selling" forum if there could also be a trade/barter forum. Just a little side thought.

We're pretty good about sorting out the jack donkeys. I don't see a reason why an item listed for sale couldn't be purchased through barter. The sale is between two individuals, so what ever terms they come to should be fine. I will add - it is best that those terms be handled via PM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When all else fails, check the instructions.

4. Sellers may sell in any format they desire. Flat price classifieds, auction, whatever.

I think barter falls in the "whatever" category. I second the use of the PM.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I agree with Crash, terms should be discussed privately. I wouldn't want someone upset because someone else got a better deal or something. I think is a great thing to have, plus you save paying seller fees on auction sites.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Whoa! Wait just a minute! Back the truck up. Sellers fees? There...er, a...there's another rule about 10% to mods and admins. It must have gotten left off somehow. I'll make sure it gets added back in though.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

No, I think Chris said he was just going to double your current salary for handling the extra traffic.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Ohhhh. Well in that case...hey, wait a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    This is awesome! I just really hope that it doesn't get abused. I hate when good things go down the crapper because they want to be jack donkeys. I was wondering if in addition to a "selling" forum if there could also be a trade/barter forum. Just a little side thought.
    You can barter if you want.

Here would be a hypothetical example.

Hi, I have a bunch of extra tools, they are:

oscillating saw
    jigsaw
    belt sander
    etc
    etc
    etc

I want to trade them for something I need, I need the following:

angle grinder
    door from a 57 chevy
    a cowboy hat

Let me know if anyone wants to make a trade.
    Its all very very casual. It is whatever you want to make of it. Just no spamming.

Just a thought! A car forum I belong to, when a seller sells something they always make a donation to the forum!

Willie
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

He means donated to the forum MODS. See that folks? That Willie is always thinking. I told ya'll he was a good guy. The mods are allowed to accept donations...in large bills of course.