Thread: Why does this happen?

Blog Entries

Default Why does this happen?

After several minutes (2 or 3) without activity I tme out and have to log in again, this is rough when posting as sometimes it won't take my post because I was typing to long. Can I fix this or is this just gonna happen.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Next to your sign in, there is a little box that says "Remember Me". check mark that when you sign in. I think the default time out for vBulletin is something like 15 minutes of inactivity (Chris can set it for whatever he wants). Try the check mark and you should be okay.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default aw you guys

What a couple of spoilsports, didn't you see how much fun we could have had messing with him with a question like that?

"I dunno Beo...doesn't happen to anyone else...."

"Just how long winded are your posts getting to be bro?"

oh man the possibilites were just RIFE....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    What a couple of spoilsports, didn't you see how much fun we could have had messing with him with a question like that?

"I dunno Beo...doesn't happen to anyone else...."

"Just how long winded are your posts getting to be bro?"

oh man the possibilites were just RIFE....
    Pift, Patience my friend, wait for a even better oppertunity
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

It's okay, Tony. He's always looking for the cheap laugh. (Frocks and Fairies come to mind?). He's going to make a very very cruel lord and ruler.

Beo - I guess you see who your TRUE friends are, huh?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's okay, Tony. He's always looking for the cheap laugh. (Frocks and Fairies come to mind?). He's going to make a very very cruel lord and ruler.

Beo - I guess you see who your TRUE friends are, huh?
    Yep, thats why im planning to go underground

A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Blog Entries

Nice try Trax, Wood i got high speed cable, and had the same problem as you did, and it only happens here, though not since I did like Rick said, Thanks Rick.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

No problem, Beo for President. I got your back......ooh. Twinkies.........(wanders off).

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

Beo for dictator
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"

Hey AP - Go delete that nasty word you posted over on the other thread. That ain't cool.

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

sir yes sir
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"

This is usually a cookie problem. Many places/software will inappropriately block cookies as a security threat. In reality they are as big a threat as actual cookies.

http://www.thiefware.com/cookies.spyware.shtml

So anyways... make sure you have cookies enabled for this site (or all sites, I always turn my browser settings to the lowest security level for cookies) and hit that checkbox Rick mentioned, and you're all set, it should keep you logged in for months and months. So long that you'll forget your password.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is usually a cookie problem. Many places/software will inappropriately block cookies as a security threat. In reality they are as big a threat as actual cookies.

http://www.thiefware.com/cookies.spyware.shtml

So anyways... make sure you have cookies enabled for this site (or all sites, I always turn my browser settings to the lowest security level for cookies) and hit that checkbox Rick mentioned, and you're all set, it should keep you logged in for months and months. So long that you'll forget your password.
    I get the strange feeling that you have forgotten your password