Thread: Ten years since 9-11-01

Default Ten years since 9-11-01

It is hard to believe it has been ten years. So much has changed in our lives . Here is a time line of the events of the day. NEVER FORGET

Chronology of the key events of Sept. 11, 2001 (all times Eastern):

8 a.m. -- American Airlines Flight 11, Boeing 767 with 92 people on board, takes off from Boston's Logan International Airport for Los Angeles.
    8:14 a.m. -- United Air Lines Flight 175, Boeing 767 with 65 people on board, takes off from Boston's Logan airport for Los Angeles.
    8:21 a.m. -- American Airlines Flight 77, Boeing 757 with 64 people on board, takes off from Washington Dulles International Airport for Los Angeles.
    8:40 a.m. -- Federal Aviation Administration notifies North American Aerospace Defense Command's Northeast Air Defense Sector about suspected hijacking of American Flight 11.
    8:41 a.m. -- United Air Lines Flight 93, Boeing 757 with 44 people on board, takes off from Newark International Airport for San Francisco.
    8:43 a.m. -- FAA notifies NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector about suspected hijacking of United Flight 175.
    8:46 a.m. -- American Flight 11 crashes into north tower of World Trade Center.
    9:03 a.m. -- United Flight 175 crashes into south tower of World Trade Center.
    9:08 a.m. -- FAA bans all takeoffs nationwide for flights going to or through New York airspace.
    9:17 a.m. -- FAA closes down all New York City-area airports.
    9:21 a.m. -- All bridges and tunnels into Manhattan closed.
    9:24 a.m. -- FAA notifies NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector about suspected hijacking of American Flight 77.
    9:26 a.m. -- FAA bans takeoffs of all civilian aircraft.
    9:31 a.m. -- In Sarasota, Fla., President Bush calls crashes an "apparent terrorist attack on our country."
    9:40 a.m. (approx.) -- American Flight 77 crashes into Pentagon.
    9:45 a.m. -- FAA orders all aircraft to land at nearest airport as soon as practical. More than 4,500 aircraft in air at the time. This is the first time in U.S. history that nationwide air traffic is suspended.
    9:48 a.m. -- U.S. Capitol and White House's West Wing evacuated.
    9:57 a.m.-- President Bush leaves Florida.
    9:59 a.m. -- South tower of World Trade Center collapses.
    10:07 a.m. (approx.) -- United Flight 93 crashes in a field in Shanksville, Pa., southeast of Pittsburgh.
    10:28 a.m. -- North tower of World Trade Center collapses.
    10:50 a.m. -- New York's primary elections, scheduled for Sept.11, are postponed.
    10:56 a.m. -- Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat speaks in Gaza: "First of all, I am offering my condolences, the condolences of the Palestinian people, to their American President, President Bush, to his government, to the American people, for this terrible time. We are completely shocked, completely shocked. Unbelievable."
    11 a.m. -- New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani orders the evacuation of lower Manhattan south of Canal Street.
    11:04 a.m.-- The United Nations is fully evacuated.
    12:04 p.m. -- Los Angeles International Airport, the destination of three of the hijacked airplanes, is closed and evacuated.
    12:15 p.m. -- San Francisco International Airport, the destination of United Airlines Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania, is closed and evacuated.
    12:30 p.m. -- The FAA says 50 flights are in U.S. airspace, but none are reporting any problems.
    1:04 p.m. -- From Barksdale Air Force base in Louisiana, Bush announces U.S. military on high-alert worldwide: "Make no mistake: The United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts."
    1:37 p.m. -- Bush leaves Barksdale for Offutt Air Force Base, near Omaha, Neb.
    2:51 p.m. -- Navy dispatches missile destroyers to New York, Washington.
    3:07 p.m. -- Bush arrives at U.S. Strategic Command at Offutt Air Force Base in Neb.
    4:36 p.m. -- Bush leaves Offutt Air Force Base aboard Air Force One to return to Washington.
    5:25 p.m. -- The empty, 47-story Seven World Trade Center collapses.
    7 p.m. -- Bush arrives at the White House.
    8:30 p.m. -- Bush addresses nation and vows to "find those responsible and bring them to justice."
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

When an American says that he loves his country, he means not only that he loves the New England hills, the prairies glistening in the sun, the wide and rising plains, the great mountains, and the sea. He means that he loves an inner air, an inner light in which freedom lives and in which a man can draw the breath of self-respect. ~Adlai Stevenson

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Not only you americans mourn on this day.

If you want to know whether time heals everything, IT DOESN'T.
    It feels like it happened yesterday.

Thank you, Asger. We're all in this together.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I had to leave the house and just go sit in a park. Watching the TV coverage brought back the memories and they were just too overwheming. And time does not heal, it just festers and unfortunately increases my hatred of these cowards and their actions. I did get some "payback" afterwards in the military, but it will never be enough. I do not share this hatred with kids that I talk to, but I do my best to make sure they are aware of what happened.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

some people seem to think that there is a conspiricy in the 911 attacks watch this vid that i found...

God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

The conspiracy claims are ludicrous at best and can not be supported by any evidence. That video is a perfect example of taking the collapses and ignoring the evidence. I am not directing this at you personally, but the propogators of these theories are shameless and not worthy of being dignified.

Blog Entries

I dont have an opinion, any claim should be properly investigated.
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    The conspiracy claims are ludicrous at best and can not be supported by any evidence. That video is a perfect example of taking the collapses and ignoring the evidence. I am not directing this at you personally, but the propogators of these theories are shameless and not worthy of being dignified.
    +1 on this..........I refuse to be sucked into BS.
    I am having a tough time with this my self.....today.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

the second "shooter" thought to be a CIA operative in the Kennedy assination has never been taken seriously.
    The Mountain Breaks you.

While I rspect your comments, and am trying real hard not to get ,,,,,well you know what I mean..Today is NOT the day to bring this up.
    Carry on..... I had my say, done now.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

H63 is right. Today is not the day to bring up the 911 truther crap. It has been thoroughly debunked. Today is a day to remember those that perished and honor those that fought and still fight for our freedoms. Thank God for the First Responders and our Military.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

i'll say again that i have no opinion. when the towers fell i was working next to a federal building in NC, the FBI instructed us to stop working and told all of us to get to a safe location for fear of an attack on the federal building. we watched in horror as the airlines were shut down and all flights were suspended. the 911 day effected everybody in a major or minor way. we were all in it togather. what 911 means to me is a simular notion to yours, friend.
    The Mountain Breaks you.

After watching 10hrs of 9/11 coverage on the history channel, a lot of it new to me, I can say with more certainty then ever, that I'm proud to be an American New Yorker and that my faith in this city is stronger than ever. All those times that I wavered, (mostly outside influences) and thought how we ought to get out, are really counter intuitive to where my heart is. This is our home; when one thinks America, NYC invariably appears at the center of it.
    Whatever you might think of us, know that we can TCB...hope you can pitch in and join the brotherhood.

Blog Entries

This is our home; when one thinks America, NYC invariably appears at the center of it.
    Whatever you might think of us, know that we can TCB...hope you can pitch in and join the brotherhood.[/QUOTE] Thanks Bennese. An ancient phylosopher said.. If you are at war Know who your enemy is. i am proud of my country and i contribute as much as i can to everyones saftey and ability to survive
    The Mountain Breaks you.

My Dad told me that they replayed the whole day on TV today. I am glad they are not letting people forget why we are Americans and why we went were forced to go to war to protect our Freedom. They did not play that on AFN, just the normal news coverage. I am a firm believer that this war was going to happen sometime, and I am glad to be fighting it half-way around the globe instead of our backyard. We must not forget that this was not a sole act of terrorism, remember the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the 1998 United States embassy bombings. These are just the American attacks, there is a long list of attacks that were carried out against our allies by the same scum. I can only hope that my generation will appreciate the sacrifices made, as the generations before me appreciated this country after attacks like Pearl Harbor. God Bless America!
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

America doesn't forget. That's why everyone knows the phrase, "Remember the Alamo!". That was 175 years ago (give or take). 175 years from now we will still remember 911. Only the pain of the event will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    America doesn't forget. That's why everyone knows the phrase, "Remember the Alamo!". That was 175 years ago (give or take). 175 years from now we will still remember 911. Only the pain of the event will be lost.
    It was interesting last night watching the guy who secured the artifacts for the 9/11 museum.He said,long after I'm gone folks will still be looking at this and get a glimpse of what happened that day.
    I personally will never forget.