Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with MY BOB

Yes, I have a daisy pump pellet gun in the house with about 1000 pellets. Problem is, the lever's broken and I haven't gotten around to fixing it. The sights are screwed up too. And we do not need liscences for pellet guns or rifles or shotguns.
    "In a jam, the best friend you have is yourself." -Dick Proenneke

Well, only a city person would think to put alcohol on your nature caller. Unless of course you've been in a long drought and need to resort to a rain dance.....and speak in tongues.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I just looked at a synopsis of the firearms laws in your state. I might move there.
    With simple laws like that there ain't no excuse not to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, only a city person would think to put alcohol on your nature caller. Unless of course you've been in a long drought and need to resort to a rain dance.....and speak in tongues.
    I was a teen and thank god, not too far from home. The memory is still fresh. Mom, instead of being sympathetic, really gave it to me for not using my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I was a teen and thank god, not too far from home. The memory is still fresh. Mom, instead of being sympathetic, really gave it to me for not using my brain.
    Thanks B and Rick! Just what I needed this morning a pic of B putting hand sanitizer on her nature caller. Sometimes it is good to have such a vivid imagination and then other times....LOL!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I agree with the metal picture being one of those things.......
    I have only 3 thing to say to that.
    Baby wipes, baby wipes, baby wipe........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Rick that would cause you to speak in tongues.

Pm being sent
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

You've obviously never placed alcohol on parts of your anatomy that aren't intended to have alcohol on them. If you had then you'd know you can utter words that have yet been invented, sounds no mortal has ever made and shrieks that cause dogs to run for miles around. Screaming like a little girl would be a compliment.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

No, there isn't an excuse not to have them, unless you don't have money...Where are you from LowKey?

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    She wanted you to put alcohol on your brain? I would think that is why the nature caller got involved.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by mouse111111 View Post
    Yes I could have been more specific about WHERE I was going to bug out, if I chose to do so, I was just stating that I didnt have a BOL. There are not 86 people per square mile of southwest MO however, you dont realize that Saint Louis and Kansas city make up a large part of that number, they will probably "Bug Out" In the Mark Twaine National Forests, a completely different region. (And even so I could just cary 86 arrows.)

Did I detect malice in your words?
    No nothing to worry about from St Louis I suppose, unless the MTNF picnic area overloads and they decide to move on down the road with their anger, starvation and disease. Bye the way, what are you going to do about all of Tulsa, half of Kansas City and the top half of Arkansas comming to visit you? You know they are all heading for the Ozarks!

No you do not detect malice in my words, only sympathy.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

about those gill nets... I have always dismissed them simply because lead weights weigh soooo much. Do you guys just cut off the weights and fashion your own out of brush materials? Would love to know more info about it.

An emergency gill net doesn't have weights. A tie down gill net for flowing water would use weights but a flag type gill net for lakes or ponds doesn't need them. You can use it like a seine as well. They also have the added benefit of stringing between trees to catch birds.

They also have the added benefit of stringing between trees to catch birds.
    AH RicK. I have always tried to use a silver tongue, a Bouquet of flowers and appropriate music
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

How's that working out for you?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've tried that. I'll stick with the nets and traps. I have much better luck. Excuse me I need to go run my wife's bath water.

you really need a firearm or two , are you planning to escape alone or with family , even if your the fastest in the land with a bow , a rifle can take you out quicker and farther down the road! My suggestion would be to get a 30-06 for hunting , and Ruger Super Blackhawk .45 for personal protection (unless you prefer an auto)!If your gonna be surviving , make sure you have all the advantages available to you , leaving out firearms is asking for defeat!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

I would have guns in my BOB if I had them, I had to sell them to pay my mortgage for another month. But now, I'm going to start buying again, the first to buy back will be a 30-06, rifle season will be starting soon.

I will never sell my guns ,for whatever reason , with that said , I understand your plight I lost my house in Mississippi last year , but its not the end of the world , your in good company , If I were to lose it all I would keep my Colt Govt Model .45 ACP and my AK ,besides I have about 2000 rounds for each of them! I have several others as well, my next firearms purchase will likely be a Vector Arms Uzi , or a Vector Arms HK91 /53 clone or even a Vector Arms MP5 ! Vector Arms is an American company , they dont just import or use inferior parts (like Century Arms) , its cost more ,but the quality is there!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mouse111111 View Post
    I would have guns in my BOB if I had them, I had to sell them to pay my mortgage for another month. But now, I'm going to start buying again, the first to buy back will be a 30-06, rifle season will be starting soon.
    Weapons that hold (or increase) their value are great. I came buy quite a bit of my knife making equipment through trades of firearms. Glad your weapons were able to help you through a rough spot (without even pulling the trigger) and that you are now in a position where you can acquire more.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel