Thread: Amazing Gardening Success!

Default Amazing Gardening Success!

We put our garden in early this year ( Well not as early as Crash) anyhow it has been producing for 5 months. Count'em 5 months. Thing is it isn't over yet! Just got my Tobasco peppers coming in!~ YUM. Pickles have been canned for a month. My tomatoes are yielding round 2! The Okra started early and just keeps coming! Collards will be planted this weekend! I am sold, will be a lifetime gardener, going to be bigger next year! Looks like I am going to need a tractor soon. Cooking a home made soup right now, fresh veggies from the garden...It is alot of work now, but I can easily see the skillset paying off when the day comes I can retire in 20+ yrs.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Fresh from the garden always tastes better. Well done.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Fresh from the garden always tastes better. Well done.
    I'll get some pics up soon. Next year I am going to try an acre of corn. Deer season is starting and a 30lb. bag of feed grade corn is going for 7 - 8 bucks! A few years back I paid 4 bucks.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

And that, my friend is what ethanol is doing for you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Yup, couldn't agree more, Homegrown is best. Wait til you have too much to eat fresh and you try preserving. Summer in a jar is a wonderful thing midwinter.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Great job, CS. Not only is the taste better but there's also the satisfaction that the ingredients in that soup were created by your own toil and that of your daughter. That's pretty special, too!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Your right Rick, I want her to grow up knowing how to do some of things such as this that weren't directly taught to me. While I wasn't taught to garden It was instilled in me I can do anything I put my mind to. Each year it gets better. Next we need to get some fruit trees going.

That is awesome to hear CS. This was my first year to have a garden. Like you, this information wasn't passed on to me either. I had some good things, but some didn't do squat. Next year, I'm going to expand my garden some and try a few things different to see what happens.

I hope your garden keeps producing well!

Gardening is actually pretty easy. Remember what you need to stay alive; air, water, nutrition and no one attacking you. That's pretty much what your garden needs, too.

CS - A bit off topic (like I'd ever do that). I made my daughter take wood shop, auto mechanics and metal shop. I made the boys take home ec. My daughter can change a tire, change out an electrical switch or change out the flapper valve in the toilet. All things she's done. My boys can both cook. Worked out pretty well, I think. Just something to keep in the back of your head if her school offers it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.