Thread: pottery, pickles, and ice fishing house

Default pottery, pickles, and ice fishing house

Started pottery classes w/the misses:[URL="http://Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.[/URL]

Made some pickles from the garden:[URL="http://Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.[/URL]

Started on my ice fishing house:[URL="http://Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.[/URL]

Quality time together is a good thing. I've never done any pottery but my wife did it for several years. There's a whole science to those glazes. You put it on blue and it turns out yellow or some sort of color.

Did you put up bread and butter pickles? I'm a dill guy but mom always canned bread and butters. They're good I just like dills better.

Color me crazy but I think that trailer is gonna pull pretty hard sittin' on the ground like that. And shouldn't an ice trailer be made of...well...ice?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Looks like you've been keeping busy.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Good to hear from you Rebel! I have a few welding projects to start in the AM. My sweetheart broke the legs off the bedframe last night.....
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

The ice house started as a pop up camping trailer. I moved the wheels and a couple of the cross members. I'm doing it on the cheap. We'll see how it turns out. BTW, CS..., broke the legs off? There's a story waitin' to come out!

I was tryin real hard to figure how those 3 went together. I really enjoyed building ice houses when I was a kid especially trying to find better easier designs and the little extra's that are just cool. I basically lived in one for a couple months, I had a great one with heat, a sink, and a kinda kitchen. Also had a bunk and a TV. It was about the time I was considering divorce. I think that ol shack keep't me sane. Not much use for an ice house in texas, I think I miss ice fishing the most

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Good to hear from you Rebel! I have a few welding projects to start in the AM. My sweetheart broke the legs off the bedframe last night.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    ...................... BTW, CS..., broke the legs off? There's a story waitin' to come out!
    I'm not even going to ask.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I had extended the legs tp raise the bed for storage underneath and hadn't welded the extensions on yet is all.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    I had extended the legs tp raise the bed for storage underneath and hadn't welded the extensions on yet is all.
    I had to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyer1 View Post
    I was tryin real hard to figure how those 3 went together. I really enjoyed building ice houses when I was a kid especially trying to find better easier designs and the little extra's that are just cool. I basically lived in one for a couple months, I had a great one with heat, a sink, and a kinda kitchen. Also had a bunk and a TV. It was about the time I was considering divorce. I think that ol shack keep't me sane. Not much use for an ice house in texas, I think I miss ice fishing the most
    I've got a woodsy spot to park it in the off season. It'll be a rustic micro cabin. So far, I plan on putting in a futon couch / bed and a small wood stove.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Quality time together is a good thing. I've never done any pottery but my wife did it for several years. There's a whole science to those glazes. You put it on blue and it turns out yellow or some sort of color.

Did you put up bread and butter pickles? I'm a dill guy but mom always canned bread and butters. They're good I just like dills better.

Color me crazy but I think that trailer is gonna pull pretty hard sittin' on the ground like that. And shouldn't an ice trailer be made of...well...ice?
    Canning: Yea, bread and butter.

Pottery: I told my granny that she needed to start smoking because she would probably be getting an ashtray for Christmas.

I assume that you can raise the trailer with the hand winches, and if so do you have a picture of it in the raised position? If it does have that ability, it is a very good idea, and hope you post pictures of the finished product. I would think that being able to change the wheels to runners may be a good idea as well. Looking forward to more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by tipacanoe View Post
    I assume that you can raise the trailer with the hand winches, and if so do you have a picture of it in the raised position? If it does have that ability, it is a very good idea, and hope you post pictures of the finished product. I would think that being able to change the wheels to runners may be a good idea as well. Looking forward to more pictures.
    I've been taking pictures and when it's done I'll put some up.

Here's a before picture: [URL="http://Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.[/URL]

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I realize you are using modern stuff in this pottery class, but I could sure use some tips and refreshers for my primitive pottery, if you take a notion to share some of your class notes. It's too darn hot for firing pottery right now, and I'm terribly busy with work still, but I look for things to slow down around mid November and I'll be back into full swing with hunting, tanning, knapping, and pottery. If you think of anything I might find useful, please pm or post it! TIA reb