Thread: Need help on bracelet scraper; anyone in sheet metal business?

Default Need help on bracelet scraper; anyone in sheet metal business?

Hey folks. I need a new supplier for the scrapers on my Bracelet. I'm shopping local to me as well as via fellow forum members (I had great luck with LetsLearn who machined me a kickass jig!!). My former supplier no longer wants to make them for me. Additionally, he does not want to provide any information about the tools he used, or the exact material. In response to my inquiries I got: "If you don't want to re-invent the wheel, so to speak, let me know what value you place on the information".

I won't be held for randsom on my own product! The scraper/bracelet combo is my idea. The size, shape and function are my idea. I found someone to make them just the way I wanted and they functioned beautifully after I tried a few samples and found the best. I have no doubt I can get to the same result again after all this isn't rocket science. I want to foster a new relationship for this growing product and perhaps future ones as well - just contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Sincerely,

Kevin
    The Paracordist

Kevin, I can't imagine that it would be that difficult to replicate. Find a new supplier and provide them with a sample and they should be able to take it from there. Be glad that twerp doesn't want to work with you now on the front end of the project instead of in the middle when you might have had orders pending. Guys like that you don't need.

This time around, once you get it right, capture the data or make the information part of the contract you have with the manufacturer. It is, after all, your data.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.