Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my BOV's

I have an 08 f350 and an 84 cj7 with a 4" lift, but my BOV is my 1992 F350 crew 4x4 with the 7.3 idi. It has enough room for the family plus dogs in the cab, a canoe/kayak rack, a 12000# winch, a CB and will run on vegetable oil, used motor oil, trans fluid, hydraulic fluid, mineral oil - you know what they use to cool all those transformers dont you , diesel, etc. It gets in the mid teens mpg and is very reliable. It also does not have a computer controlling the engine or the transmission or a turbo to give probs. I can put one of the ATV's in the back and be ready to roll in less than 30 minutes.
    Oh, yeah this is my first post, but I have been lurking for a while. It is nice to finally be legit.

My dads truck is a 94 f-350 with the 7.3 idi, 4 door with a long bed, ranch hand bumper, steel running boards welded on the frame, and a steel pipe rear bumper. I watched him drive through a 4' snow drift about 60 yards long one time, he got about halfway through it and couldn't figure out why it wasn't pushing through like it should of, then he realized his 4 wheel drive hadn't locked in. After backing up real quick and getting the 4x4 locked in it drove through like it wasn't there. We have since swapped out the auto locking hubs for some warn manual lock hubs.

Built Ford Tough!!!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Hunter63, sayting Hey and Welcome.
    F-250 Diesel or the F-150 for us......maybe both.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome home. I have a pocket bike that get's me past all the stopped traffic. Here's a pic of me on it.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Good thing your pockets are big enough to fit that thing.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I got my hong caught in the sprocket once. Not good. No sir, not good at all.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I have a 4x4 Toyota Tundra, 5.7L V8. It gets me where I want to go!