Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Opportunity to be on TV, pays $1000

Default Another Opportunity to be on TV, pays $1000

Got this email... so anyways.... contact the lady if you're interested. Remember, if picked, during filming you must wear a "Wilderness-Survival.net" t-shirt.

Hello,

I\'m currently casting for a pilot television show about preppers/survivalists. I think you may be a great resource for finding well prepared people, who would be open to appearing on camera. I\'m wondering if you would be willing to post this info on your blog or website, or just pass this info along to anyone you think would be interested.

The gist:
    It's a 30 minute show, and we will feature two stories. We are mostly interested in seeing what the person has prepared or prepped, and right now we're specifically looking for someone with a stocked bunker or extensive prep. The idea is to meet the person and see what they\'ve prepared, then bring in a survivalist expert to evaluate how long you could actually live for if a catastrophe were to happen.

The purpose of the show is not to exploit beliefs, we actually want to cast people who the viewers will be able to relate to. We also want to feature someone who has prepped extensively, either in the home, or in a bunker. We really want something visually stunning.

This has been extremely hard to cast because of the secretive nature of the people who are preparing--which is completely understandable. I am contacting you because I think it\'s important to get the word out about survivalists/preppers--that they aren\'t all crazy people, that most of them are smart, well-informed people who we could take a lesson from. And I am hoping you will be able to pass this info along if you know someone who may be interested in participating.

We can provide full anonymity, and compensation is $1000 for the person who is chosen.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time!

Michelle Reindal | producer | screaming flea productions | mreindal@sfpseattle.com

Banned
    Blog Entries

Native'Dude where forth art thou..........?

Blog Entries

Cool What????????

Ya gotta have a bunker? Awww man!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I wouldn't call my preps "extensive" or "visually stunning".
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Just stand next to the food and moon the camera. Viola!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Seriously?!

Why on earth would anyone want to compromise something so vitally important for a measly $1,000?
    In fact, there's no price that would justify something like that becoming public. Unless it was $1.000,000 and you were moving to another state.
    Last edited by BENESSE; 08-15-2011 at 07:43 PM.

They could say, "Some place in the Northwest" instead of "225 Main St. Anytown".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah, but your mug is on camera for everyone to see and recognize, especially those in your hood.

I doen no notin 'bout no bunker, homestead maybe, but no bunker.......
    I don't know about y'all I'm just gonna call Home Land security and charge a bunch of stuff on my credit card over the phone or 'puter....I'll be fine ....neighbors has stashed a bunch of stuff, I'll mooch off them........yeah that's the ticket......
    Thanks, but no thanks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Cool Really?

"This has been extremely hard to cast because of the secretive nature of the people who are preparing..."

Well DUHHH!!!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Here's a way this kind of show could work:
    *Pick say 5 different experts. (one per/story/segment)
    *Give each a challenge of putting together preps for a year for different types of people. (young couple, family with young kids, elderly, extended family, etc)
    *Place each in a different setting/location e.g. an apt. in NYC, a ranch house in a small town in Arizona, a farm in the mid west, a big house in Atlanta, etc.

It would be useful, no one's doing it yet, and everyone would be able to relate and take away something.
    I know that I'd definitely watch it.

Why would I want an "expert" to tell me that my preps suck? Why don't they just have the "expert" show everyone what the "expert" has prepared.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

HEE< HEE,. That's all folks!!

There is a prepper soccer mom out west somewhere that blogs alot. She has been on a few TV programs showing her house and stores.
    I think she even gave her real name. I worry to much to let everyone know how much I would have if a disaster hit.
    The more you know, the less you carry. I need a wheelbarrow full of gear....

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Why would I want an "expert" to tell me that my preps suck? Why don't they just have the "expert" show everyone what the "expert" has prepared.
    For the same reason they tell you how to catch fish with your underwear, eat bugs, and show you it's OK to walk around the glaciers barefoot.
    Obviously you're not the audience when it comes to preps, but the vast majority of the unprepared is. IMO, the prep topic is much more useful to an average person than surviving in Death Valley after your car breaks down.

Voice in the Wilderness preachtheWORD's Avatar

If I had a bunker, no way I would divulge its existence, let alone allow a camera crew to enter and film it.

Plus, the lady said she was loooking for "smart, well-informed people" who aren't crazy. Think she'll find anybody like that around here?
    Preach It - Teach It - LIVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    For the same reason they tell you how to catch fish with your underwear, eat bugs, and show you it's OK to walk around the glaciers barefoot.
    Obviously you're not the audience when it comes to preps, but the vast majority of the unprepared is. IMO, the prep topic is much more useful to an average person than surviving in Death Valley after your car breaks down.
    Problem is, a lot of people that should watch and learn won't...... unless there is a "wow factor", like Bear running around, Dave and Cody arguing, Les almost killing himself or getting toasted on what ever the local feel good juice happens to be.

Kinda like preaching to the choir with this crowd....and good poker players never tip their hand.

Maybe $100K would do it, ..........And a knife with my name on it.....but $1000 bucks, Not.
    Last edited by hunter63; 08-18-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: splin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I can see RICK doing that show in his thong. For some that would be a "WOW" factor.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Wait...you don't think it is useful to know how to survive after jumping out of a plane with only a knife, a canteen, and a fire striker? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I can see RICK doing that show in his thong. For some that would be a "WOW" factor.
    That rates up there with drinking elephant dung juice.