Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest "family" member

Batch - It was a DeSantis Pocket Holster. It was a very nice holster but the seam laid right on the magazine release. After about the third time I pulled it out and the mag was loose I gave it up.

Lowkey - I'm gonna send you to the kennel if you keep that up. Go over there and lay down.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Holsters, clips, retainers, strong side, weak side, small of back?

Why do you think they call them "Pocket guns"?

An inside the pants type nylon or leather holster with a clip is half as thick as the P3AT and weighs nearly as much. It just complicates things since it is guarenteed to come out of your pocket tangled up with the gun and create its own crisis when you are already dealing with a crisis.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well that's kinda the idea isn't it. If you can get them laughing then you regain the element of surprise.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yes, I can hear them chuckling now, every time they hear a bone pop or see my teeth flying across the parking lot.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I have a buddy who does carry the PF9 in his pocket with no holster. The trigger pull (5 Lbs) is on the light side for that. I guess you'd be OK as long as you didn't do something stupid and drop anything else in your pocket or lean against anything that could move the trigger.

My buddy doesn't chamber a round. Which to me is crazy. All of my carry guns have no external safety. I just draw them to the target and fire. So, no way in hell I am going to commit to using two hands to rack the slide back. I may very well need my other arm to fend and fight to create the space I need to draw my weapon. Which I am already in a bad spot cause I am pocket carrying and that can be a tough draw. Now imagine your rolling around on the ground and your carrying small of back or better yet get a buddy and try it while he trying to prevent you from drawing while trying to assault you.

Now I have thought of making a kydex trigger cover like a Zack Concealment Holster. That would probably be a very good solution for all. Either tie it into you belt loop or use an alligator clip inside the pocket.

The only thing I carry in that pocket is my weapon. One is in the chamber as well. I'm of the same mind set as you. If you need to use your weapon you need to use it NOW. I don't want to take the time to operate the slide. I might as well leave it at home if I'm going to do that.

I won't have any trouble drawing my weapon. The bad guys will be too busy chasing me to wrestle with me. Run Forest Run.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I'm gonna have to try that 'go to the gun shop to get batteries for the optics' thing... I always just picked em up at CVS.
    <slaps forehead>
    Low... Oops I forgot to mention that it helps to give the wife a 2 day "spa getaway" a couple of days before you do this.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

And what about me? I'm still pretty ticked about the 2 for 1 .45 package you picked up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    At what about me? I'm still pretty ticked about the 2 for 1 .45 package you picked up!
    Well....... I DO have a coupon for buy one get one free tickets to the Evansville zoo I could send you if that would make you feel better.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.