Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forum upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Chris is the owner of the site and administers the vBulletin database and the hardware. I have administrator privileges that allow some manipulation of the database for member profile issues such as login IDs, passwords, status, etc. Crash and Sarge have moderator privileges, which allow all three of us to manipulate threads/posts, spam and general settings.

We are looking at the first post in a thread issue. Can you tell me what you get when you click on the icon? I was able to authenticate a problem. I just want to make certain it's the same thing you are running into. I know you're running Linux but what browser do you use most often? I have most loaded so I can test using whatever browser you have. I'm running on Windows, however.
    Thanks for your answer!
    I'm using Google Chrome 15.0.874.121 on Ubuntu 10.04 linux. I have the same error with Firefox 8.0 on a similar (but not the same) operating system.
    The issue is when I open a forum's subforum and try to jump to the first unread post of the thread with the little firstnew.png icon, it just opens the thread and I have to search for the new messages.

The second problem is annoying because it takes two steps to 'mark' a read thread as read. I have also reproduced this problem with Chrome and Firefox. The steps: find a subforum with one unread thread > read it > navigate back to the forum index in one step. The thread seems still unread but we read it before.

Let me know if I could help you in the debugging.
    Last edited by el-amigo; 11-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

When it opens the thread what page does it open on? In other words, if a thread has three pages let's say, which page does clicking the icon go to?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    When it opens the thread what page does it open on? In other words, if a thread has three pages let's say, which page does clicking the icon go to?
    It jumps to the last page of the thread but the screen remains at the top of the page (not jump to the first unread post). If I understand well it is not the expected behavior.

That's how it's functioned for me since the change.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ditto with what I saw.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Copy the URL the link is trying to send you to , and the url you were reading when you saw it, and post it here.

When I've tested this, I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Hello Chris,

Here is an example URL for the problem: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f....&goto=newpost
    After I navigate the the URL with the "&goto=newpost" variable, it disappears and the URL become: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?17594-Take-away-the-Zombies-.............&p=319885

I am new here (yeah!) but am not new, lol. First off I love the site in a big way, and am looking forward to learning lots and hopefully even contributing, even if it just support for others.

So this may not be an issue from the update, but it did happen at a link that was supposed to be an updated version. While going down through the listings on the left margin, I came upon what plants to utilize for survival. A ways down, there was a little highlighted "here" or something similar in regards to a site called "wildcraft." After visiting this site and making a shortcut to it, everything went a little bonkers. At that point, the only thing that would come up was a site for Florida orange juice (tropicanna?) and even if I re-entered this site from a google page listing all the various sections, it would go to a blank topographical type layout with just an ad at the top to click on to got to the florida orange juice site. Not that I buy commercial orange juice, but something like this would make me perm. boycott them. Nothing would change until I deleted the shortcut from the wildcraft site, then I was happily able to come back here. I'm sure this is not the fault of this site, but felt it was important to address.

Thanks, keep surviving,
    Wolf2012

To be as helpful as possible, this occurred in the appendix B of edible plants to use.

I'm completely lost as to where the problem is. Can you provide a link? Since you are new your post with a link will go to a moderation queue but I'll still see it. That will happen until you have 10 posts. It's one way we keep spam down.

There is an error with an orange juice ad that has been running, hitting refresh tends to fix the problem.

Hey Rick,

Here's the link: http://www.wildcrafting.net/

Like I said I didn't have a real problem until I copied a shortcut onto my desktop, then I couldn't access this site at all, even after leaving and trying to come back in various places. It's not a problem now as I don't have a shortcut to it anymore. Weird problem, I know...

Thanks for your help Chris!

Wolf2012 - you probably know this already, but...

The Edible & Medicinal Plants & Mushrooms Database link on the forum main page takes you to Wildcrafting.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Wolf2012 - you probably know this already, but...

The Edible & Medicinal Plants & Mushrooms Database link on the forum main page takes you to Wildcrafting.
    Yes sir, thanks Brother Wolf!