Thread: I am shopping a medium alice pack...source

Default I am shopping a medium alice pack...source

Anyone know a good source for a medium alice? Sportsmanguide is out of stock. Looking for a pack only or pack and frame combo. If anyone knows a new source, I'd like to compare new and used pricing.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you had to ask...

There's a bunch of 'em here on the "buy it now" section, or you can look up the auctions as well:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc&LH...=p3286.c0.m301
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

eBay is as good as any. Just make sure the seller has a good, positive feedback score. Curious, why a medium? Why not a large? There's not that much difference between them in my opinion.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    eBay is as good as any. Just make sure the seller has a good, positive feedback score. Curious, why a medium? Why not a large? There's not that much difference between them in my opinion.
    I already have a large AP. I am looking for something a tad smaller for day trips.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Armygear.net has the camo medium for $27, I bought two alice packs from them, large and camo medium. Both bags were used, with a new frames, and in excellent shape, wouldn't have know the bags were used if they didn't tell you. Had very good service time wise from them in both instances (different order dates)

I want another lg. alice to make a pack for my donkey. I'd like a medium for me. I'll checkout your link Tipacanoe.

If you are looking for custom modifications look at tacticaltailor.com. They do great work and I have bought a ton of stuff from them before. FYI, I am not affiliated with them in any way, just went there a lot when I was stationed in Fort Lewis.

There's a ton of sources for med alice. With frame, don't pay more then $35 for a used one. I use them simply because it's what I'm used too. I know they are as durable as me.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I tried TipACanoes Link the page did not work. I searched around and most surplus dealers were out. I finally placed an order with the below link. Great Pricing....Hefty Shipping. Excellent reviews. Thought I'd share. I'll be combining an Alice load bearing vest with a medium Alice and frame to make my own modular pack. I'll post pics when I get it.

http://www.heartlandvaluesoutdoors.c...let/StoreFront

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Anyone know a good source for a medium alice? Sportsmanguide is out of stock. Looking for a pack only or pack and frame combo. If anyone knows a new source, I'd like to compare new and used pricing.
    Here is another option. http://www.campingsurvival.com/alpacbac.html

Quote Originally Posted by tj922 View Post
    Thanks tj922, I'll have a look around the site.

CS - They are too expensive and they are not genuine milsurp packs.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

http://www.armygear.net/ The bags are new medium in olive drab and $37, large used are 27 both with frames. I have no interest in this company, just trying to help. Like I said before, very good service.

Quote Originally Posted by tipacanoe View Post
    http://www.armygear.net/ The bags are new medium in olive drab and $37, large used are 27 both with frames. I have no interest in this company, just trying to help. Like I said before, very good service.
    Thanks! Tipacanoe! I have already purchased 2 medium alice packs, I had 1 lg. Alice, I was looking for the molle shoulder straps and kidney pads. I only have one set of alice straps and one Alice kidney pad, 2 frames. Still need another lg. alice bag for the Jacks pack! Thanks again!

Rothco may be a military supplier. They have one listed as a used rothco med alice. Whey the heck would you be selling used unless it's surplus?

I have heavily used med Alices that I bought and found at the landfill that simply work. They are fastex modded and mine has a CFP 90 belt on it.

I love the things. My only real gripe is the frame squeak. Best thing for those is melted issue camo face paint. I'm out.

Took 10 yrs out of the service dressing up the kids in some greenish face halloween garb to use up what I had.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

The ones that are listed as used are, in fact, milsurp. The others listed on that page are not. They are manufactured for Rothco or are a 3rd party supplier. That's not saying that Rothco doesn't have quality gear, they do. I'm just saying that the website listed was too expensive and all that I saw were not milsurp. Why pay $50 for an Alice with frame that is not milsurp when you can buy one for $25 that is?

I don't know Rick. That's a hard question...

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Thanks! Tipacanoe! I have already purchased 2 medium alice packs, I had 1 lg. Alice, I was looking for the molle shoulder straps and kidney pads. I only have one set of alice straps and one Alice kidney pad, 2 frames. Still need another lg. alice bag for the Jacks pack! Thanks again!
    Hi there
    I got my Molle straps here: http://stores.alleghenywholesale.com/StoreFront.bok

Service was fast to Europe and the quality exactly as described. My shoulder straps looked new and the kidney belt was good with just a bit of fading on the inside, but no damage.

By the way a company called Down East does a really good plastic frame, the 1606AC as a replacement to the stock metal Alice one. Doesn't squeak, and gives a better carry then the stock item. All the Molle bits fit right on.

Cheers
    Gareth

Down East is the original manufacturer of the MOLLE frame. That is why all the bits fit right on their newer version frame. Anyways, I bought my MOLLE straps from the same source as gareth linked to.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee