Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SURVIVALIST and their "POSITIVE" view of "WORLD DEPRESSION" GAME II

Blog Entries

I grab my cane pole and go fishing, then after the sun goes down I put on my old cammies and hit the heavy drug areas of the city and start rolling the dope boys in the back allies for all that drug money, don't bank it but stock pile it. Hitting the dope boys about every other night in different parts of the city. Using different tactics and costumes (one night might dress as a wino, next night a hot dog vender) from time to time to keep the cops guessing.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I think we are headed for a great depression. People will be hungery and mean with know jobs . this want be like the last depression. This one will make the last one look like a piece of cake. Back them lots of people owned and lived on farms, grew their on food and were good people. Now people live one house beside another with no where to raise or garden even if they wanted to, which they don't want to. People today like to rob and kill to get what they want.
    I think people sould start making there homes safer. Bars on the windows, bars across each outside door to name a few things.
    I remeber back years ago my aunt and uncle telling us a true story about how in the last dpression,"29" they had to hide food in different places in their home, they even built fake walls and put food behind the walls. They then went out and hide jars of food in the ground under different trees. When the gangs started breaking into their house and taking there food, things got really bad. They even had one gang of people to come in an whole a knife to their throat and made them tell that the food was behind the wall. Then they were left with on the floor hide under the ground, they went out each night after dark and dug up one jar and would eat that. That is how they kept from sraving.
    Another thing I would do is hid one gun and some ammo under ground. That way if they take whats in the house you have one left. Buy some heavy pvc pipe and two end caps for it. Wrap the gun and ammo in the news paper, put a coth bag of powed milk , the gun and ammo into the pipe, take pipe gue and seals the end caps on. If you have an old iron pile, this would be a good place to hid the pipe, move some of the iron, dig a hole, put the ipe into the hole and cover, then lay the iron back over the top of the ground.
    This is all true.
    Cabingirl
    Last edited by cabingirl; 02-04-2008 at 05:49 PM.

You wouldn't ever want to be in a big hurry to retrieve that gun.....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

you right about not wanting to be in a hurry to retrive the gun, howevery you would have one left to tetrieve to at less hunt with or take with you if you have to flee.to the woods.
    cabingirl

Default Ragnar Benson Urban Survival Guide.

This book is a very good guide to the issue of city living in hard times. Give it a look, Paladin Press puts it out. The guy don't like government, but he did his homework on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This book is a very good guide to the issue of city living in hard times. Give it a look, Paladin Press puts it out. The guy don't like government, but he did his homework on this.
    If the guy doesn't like government, chances are I like him already.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Oh, fiddle faddle! No, people back then didn't grow their own food. It was called the dust bowl and that was one of the contributors to the Great Depression. How would I know that? Well, for one my grandfather lost his farm because of it. World economics is nothing like the 30's. Buy a book on economics and read it. Educate yourself on the differences. You are posting fear not facts.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

true, it was a dust bowl back then, but my grandfather on both sides, did have large farms, and did farm them. They said it was hard, and didn't raise as much as they sould have, but did raise food for there familys and some friends.
    cabingirl

I can't believe no one has challenged me. You're either too easy or just no fun.

Sheeple Rick

I really should change my avatar. Perhaps I'm a sheep in wolf's clothing.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh My God! He said "fiddle faddle" he must really be upset this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I can't believe no one has challenged me. You're either too easy or just no fun.

Sheeple Rick

BAA BAA, j/k

mmmm, mutton ...arrrrr...<<<droool>>>>

I didn't challenge you my wooly little friend because I tend to agree with you (shudder, scary thought)

Good for you, cabingirl!! A come back. Okay, good start. Depends on where their farms were as to whether they kept them. I have houses on both sides of me and I garden. I grow plenty to feed my family and still give food away each year. It doesn't take a lot of ground to raise a lot of food if you do it with some planning.

As for roving gangs. I can't speak to that. If your uncle says it happened then it must have. I have weapons and so do my neighbors and I'd like to think that we would stand together if the need arose.

As for making your house safer, just common sense. Sure. If you use bars on windows just remember to use fire escape bars so you don't cage yourself into a burning house with no way out.

I don't know where you live but you sound scared to me. I'm sorry you feel that way (if you do). No one should feel like that. Do what you think is right to feel safe but make certain your actions are correct for your own protection.

Here is a link to my site on home protection. It starts out pretty mundane but there is a lot of information on home safety along the lines of what you are talking about. Several pages. Take a look and if you have any questions about it just PM me.

http://safezonellc.com/personalzone3_2.html

Military cads and SWAT types, help me out on the numbers here.

Cabingirl, if it's any consoliation, it takes 7 attackers to overcome 1 defender of a fortress. If my numbers are correct, it's 7. The point is, if you learn to defend your home then it takes a lot of bad guys to get to you. A lupara should force an increase in those numbers.

so basically, the 8th attacker can just have his way with ya, if you're home alone?

Yeah, pretty much. My greatest fear is my enemies will realize that and stop sending the first seven and just start with the 8th. I'm done before the battle starts.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Something tells me that the only "WAY" anybody would have with cabingirl is his head removed. I had me a wife from the south, and you don't mess with southern ladies. Did she tell you that her husband is 9' feet tall and bulletproof.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Alert*alert*alert*alert*ALERT----"Wake'up people"

It typical Washington fashion, of leaking a future action to see what the stink will be befor the anouncement, this just leaked. (From Shallow Throat)

Action will be taken agenst those hoarding GOLD. People shall be reminded that the U.S. Dollar is legal tender, and failure to accept said tender shall result in swift action.

Because North Korea has been printing perfect U.S. Dollars 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, this started in 1987, and for 21 years no action has been taken. Further more, where as we gave (The State Department) to the Shaw (sp) of Iran three of our printing press's and the plate's, and the paper, and the special ink, to print U.S.A. $100.00 Bill's. and where as the current government continues to do so, buying the special paper from Canada, and the special ink also from Canada.
    There'for:
    New U.S. Treasury will be voiding the current $100.00 Bill's effective February 18, 2008 (President's Day). New $100.00 Dollar bill's will be available for exchange at the rate of (4) four old to (1) one new $100.00 Bill. Please remember Gold is now $3,900.oo per oz.
    There'for:
    The "NEW" money will be: Called "G'dollars" for Gold dollars. This money will be backed by 1/10 oz. of .9999 pure GOLD. The OFFICIAL price of Gold shall be $4,000.00 per oz.
    The new money will be RED with GOLD lettering. So you are trading $400.00 of counterfit money which is not backed by anything; in exchange for a new One Hunderd Dollar Bill backed by 1/10 oz. of REAL GOLD.
    There'for:
    All hoarded GOLD shall be surrendered at the official rate of $4000.00 per oz.
    No person shall have more than 3 0z. of Gold in Jewlery. However special permitts in the form os a Stamp will be available at: BATF&E for a fee of $500.00 per oz. for additional Gold.

(cough, joke, sputter) Hopeak, I just had cold chills run up my spine. I wonder how many on here know how much truth is in your post? Gather 'round chillin' I got me a story to tell.