Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullein - Verbascum thapsus. Tones mucus membranes

LOL, Yeah it's all volenteer around here.....And i'm not sure which township would respond as i'm right on the line.
    My town ship is farther by about a mile.....?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Might survive, might not Brazito's Avatar

Two questions: Is there a reference guide to convert drops to say 1/4 teaspoon etc?
    Flower stalks in this area are drying out, still useable for tincture or no?
    I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Hotline.

I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.

Here is a link to a pretty decent conversion chart. It is very easy once you get used to it. If you have a smart phone, there are also a number of good conversion applications. I use Convertpad on my HTC Eris. It quite literally converts anything you can think of. I find it helpful when I am attemtping to convert mg dosages of dried herbs to drops or ml's of tinctures.
    Happy Foraging

Kirk

Livingafield.com - Information Concerning Edible And Medicinal Uses For Common Great Lakes Area Plants, As Well As Information On Numerous Aspects Of Outdoor Living And Survival.

Here's one that converts anything to anything but not drops: http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aldankirk
    If you have a smart phone, there are also a number of good conversion applications.
    I have a very smart phone. Having a smart user is where it falls flat. When I first got it I held it up to my ear and waited.

"What are you doing?" my wife asked.
    "Waiting for the operator to ask me what number I want to call."
    She just shook her head and walked off. No one wants to help me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have a very smart phone. Having a smart user is where it falls flat. When I first got it I held it up to my ear and waited.

"What are you doing?" my wife asked.
    "Waiting for the operator to ask me what number I want to call."
    She just shook her head and walked off. No one wants to help me.
    Yeah, I hate my smart phone it makes me feel stupid.
    I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Hotline.

I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by aldankirk View Post
    There is absolutely nothing better for a cough or cold. Or for that matter a sinus infection. I have successfully treated numerous sinus infections with mullein. It beats the hell out of ANY prescription antibiotic. It helps your body heal itself, just the way it was intended. It can get rid of in a day or two what it takes antibiotics weeks to alleviate.
    Of course it is. Colds are caused by viruses, and antibiotics treat bacterial infections. Not hard to be better at something that does nothing.

I'm not sure if there is anything that an antibiotic would be prescribed for that would take weeks to cure either, I've never heard of an antibiotic course for more than 7 days, and the symptoms are usually gone by day two, with the rest of the course needing to be taken to kill any bacteria still in your system, less they evolve and become resistant.

I'm also not aware of any medication meant to cure the common cold. Alleviate the symptoms sure, but modern medicine has only a few true antiviral medications that actually attack the virus, and they're not wasted on trivial things typically. Your body does most of that anyways, whether you take mullein, or mint, or Sudafed to treat the symptoms.