Thread: Casio G'zone Ravine cell phone

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Casio G'zone Ravine cell phone

I just purchased the Casio G'zone Ravine cell phone to replace my old phone. The main idea behind it is that it's designed for the outoorsman - shock, dust, and water resistant. It has a few other nice features as well.

Here's the link to Casio that describes it:
    http://www.casiogzone.com/ravine/

If anyone has had experience with this phone, please leave your comments for the rest of us to see.

I'll give a review once I use it for a while.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Yea.... looking forward to your review!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

I've had one for several years. Remember the North Florida Meet and Greet at Juniper Springs in 2008? http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...uniper+springs If you go to the last page of that thread.... Remember when I fell in the water while wearing my new camera? Remember me crying about my destroyed camera?

Well, I had my G'zOne on my belt when I went in. Didn't have any problems then, and it's still going strong.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

I love the chainsaw music.........sadly NOT available in Alaska.

I guess I should add - when I got the phone I went into one of the stores for my carrier (Verizon) and said - "I crawl under houses, up in attics, play in the woods, and am generally hard on anything hanging off my belt. I want the most indestructible phone that you offer". Without hesitation, he showed me the G'zOne (not the most expensive phone in their case by any means).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time for an update on the phone. So far so good, it's held up well. The reception is good and clear. I had read that some people have had a problem with clarity but I haven't experienced any problems. It's been wet a few times now, once submerged in Lake Erie, and all is fine. It has a magnetic compass that isn't GPS dependent. I checked it out and it's very accurate if you let it sit still when you take a bearing. The star chart is a neat feature even though the phone has a small screen. With a little practice you can orient yourself to locate the major constellations. It's been bounce around too with no harm at all. That's it for now, I'll give another update down the road.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com