Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Romanian PSL Sniper Rifle

As the not married, single guy here, just wanting some interpretacion. So if one gun euqals one "well since you bought that I get to...." does three guns equal three "well since you bought that I get to...."? And if so, are those three "well since you bought that I get to...." used at one time or srpead out over a period of time?
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    As the not married, single guy here, just wanting some interpretacion. So if one gun euqals one "well since you bought that I get to...." does three guns equal three "well since you bought that I get to...."? And if so, are those three "well since you bought that I get to...." used at one time or srpead out over a period of time?
    You are trying to apply logic. That doesn't work here. Some day you will understand.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have 3. (sigh)
    Three rifles or three crates?

Sparky;
    as the unmarried single guy you are not privy to the concept normally refered too as "female logic". According to female logic the "rules" apply only to the male gender, they can be applied at will and they are subject to change at any time. This means that THEY can purchse at any time as a "necessity" but males can purchase only with permission.

One "You got ....." is used indefinately until she forgets what you got.

You get a second purchase when she forgets what it was that "you got" last time.

"You got that thing." is not acceptable as colateral purchase power. They have to be able to name the thing.

This means you NEVER buy a hobbie car. It stays in the driveway and reminds her of its existance every day. A gun goes out of sight and is eventually forgotten.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Oh, God. The hobby car. I finally had to get rid of it. She always pointed to the drive way and referred to it as, "That thing you bought". I lied and told her I made a profit on it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Note to self:
    Buy hobby car pre marriage....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

That's doesn't work either. Once you are married there will be her stuff and junk. That's it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My grandpa said before he got married he had a 65 mustang and a 69 plymouth cuda. After marriage his cars went downhill his next few cars were two vw beetles and a pinto with a 10' wip antenna....
    Thomas Paine

When I buy something big, like a gun, I have to give the misses the same amount of money as my purchase. Last time it was a camera and my 30-06. The cool thing is that I get to use the camera as well. I am planning on buying my wife a $500 sewing machine, and a $800 camera. That should be good for a few firearms. And, I will also get to use the sewing machine (for gear making) and the camera also. Hopefully she doesn't figure this out.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    When I buy something big, like a gun, I have to give the misses the same amount of money as my purchase. Last time it was a camera and my 30-06. The cool thing is that I get to use the camera as well. I am planning on buying my wife a $500 sewing machine, and a $800 camera. That should be good for a few firearms. And, I will also get to use the sewing machine (for gear making) and the camera also. Hopefully she doesn't figure this out.
    I think I'm going have to start taking notes, I like your reverse cycoligy technique...... (jotting down notes on small note pad....)
    Thomas Paine

Bobzilla - Do you have the 4x Russian scope on yours? My cleaning kit came with a yellow lens cover for the Russian scope and I don't have the scope and don't need the cover.
    Mine came with the Russian 4x,but was replaced promptly after shooting it a few times,3x9 now,thanks anyway Rick,cleaning off the cosmoline on a SKS should get you a purple heart,the bolt cut me twice!
    Last edited by bobzilla; 07-22-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Note to self:Don't get remarried

Rick...two things....

...first, you're gonna love the PSL. Lots of fun.

Second...do a little shopping, on-line. You can find deals for a pouch with 4 mags, for around $100.

Oh, wait....make that three things.
    Third....do some reading online. Most people who play with PSL's say that you should shoot light ball ammo, and not heavy ball ammo through a PSL. (Something about the heavy creating more pressure than the PSL can handle.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    You are trying to apply logic. That doesn't work here. Some day you will understand.
    Nope neither he or I will never understand. Just about the time you think you understand, you realize that you are still behind the curve and really don't have a clue.

Sometimes my wife has a conversation going on inside her head and somewhere during that conversation she lets me in on it , then expects me to know what went on before, Her sister, who is a RN, laughs and say she has done the same thing.

I just sit there without a clue what she is talking about.

Sometimes she tells me aren't you listening, I told you BLA, BLA, BlA and she hasn't said a word out loud.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dumb
    Rick...two things....

...first, you're gonna love the PSL. Lots of fun.

Second...do a little shopping, on-line. You can find deals for a pouch with 4 mags, for around $100.

Oh, wait....make that three things.
    Third....do some reading online. Most people who play with PSL's say that you should shoot light ball ammo, and not heavy ball ammo through a PSL. (Something about the heavy creating more pressure than the PSL can handle.)
    Brother, if it's one thing I know how to do it's accessorize. I should have a line of Fedex buys at my door for the next two weeks delivering PSL and P1 "stuff".

You're way old. You won't find the pouch and 4 mags for $100 anymore. Not even close. But, yeah, they're on the way. Did you know the PSL mags will fit an open top M14 pouch? Cool huh? Yeah, they're on the way.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

She bought the part about buying them for the grandkids. She mentioned something about earrings but you know how hard of hearing I am.

Brother, if it's one thing I know how to do it's accessorize. I should have a line of Fedex buys at my door for the next two weeks delivering PSL and P1 "stuff".

You're way old. You won't find the pouch and 4 mags for $100 anymore. Not even close. But, yeah, they're on the way. Did you know the PSL mags will fit an open top M14 pouch? Cool huh? Yeah, they're on the way.

She bought the part about buying them for the grandkids. She mentioned something about earrings but you know how hard of hearing I am.
    Dang...they are getting harder to find. (But check here.)

http://centerfiresystems.com/dragunov_mags.aspx
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Where the @#$# were you when I was ordering those?! I bookmarked it. I'll probably need it since the blasted things are so prone to canoe accidents. I'll lay even money none of it makes it across the lake.

Where the @#$# were you when I was ordering those?! I bookmarked it. I'll probably need it since the blasted things are so prone to canoe accidents. I'll lay even money none of it makes it across the lake.
    LOL...sorry about that. Around here, the construction business is in the toilet, pretty bad. I had to shut down my business, and I got a job driving trucks, long distance. I don't have a laptop and internet service in my truck.......yet. LOL So, for now, I just pop in when I'm at home. (Weekends.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you found something else. Hopefully, things will pick back up for you. My dad drove for 35 years give or take. I think he'd still be driving if he hadn't gotten sick. But he's probably doing long haul in Heaven for all I know. He loved it that much that's for sure. I road with him from the time he had to pick up and put me in the seat. Yeah, I was probably 28 then. I was a load but he was a pretty strong guy. I really do hope things pick up for you.

Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you found something else. Hopefully, things will pick back up for you. My dad drove for 35 years give or take. I think he'd still be driving if he hadn't gotten sick. But he's probably doing long haul in Heaven for all I know. He loved it that much that's for sure. I road with him from the time he had to pick up and put me in the seat. Yeah, I was probably 28 then. I was a load but he was a pretty strong guy. I really do hope things pick up for you.
    Thanks, but don't feel bad for me. Things haven't gone the way that I would like, but I'm doing just fine. (I guess it's that survivor thing. LOL) I feel bad for the people who don't have the options, that I have managed to keep open.

Besides.....I come from a family of truck drivers. They all think that I have gone back to my roots. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Yeah, me, too. It's funny how they think that way. My grandfather (mom's dad) was an original Teamster. He starting hauling with a team and a wagon and was a member of the union when it formed. My dad was a Teamster the whole time he drove and I have a withdrawal card from the union after driving for about a year. I have an uncle and two cousins that drove so it's kind of a family affair with us, too.

Back on post 53 I said that M14 pouches would fit the mags for the PSL. I had read it on the internet so I knew it was true. I ordered a couple of double pouches and they arrived today. Guess what? They don't fit. I'm beginning to have my doubts about everything I read on the internet.

In any case, the pouches were just millimeters short of fitting.

After looking the pouch over I realized that two seams on each side were "decorative" seams designed to square off the pouch and were not necessary to keep the pouch together.

I took a utility knife and began to remove this thread from both front edges of the pouch. If you decide to do this go slow. If you cut the fabric your mom will probably be sympathetic. I doubt that Condor will be. You can turn the pouch almost inside out to reach the difficult seam where the molle straps are sewn.

Once you release the seam on both front edges the PSL magazine will fit perfectly right side up or upside down whichever you prefer.

The next thing you need to do is retie the retaining cord. With the factory knot it's just too snug to work with.

As you can see I slid the knot as close to the end as I could.

Here's a shot of the double pouch completed.

And a pic of all four ready to go.