Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romanian PSL Sniper Rifle

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    She says, ARE YOUR READY FOR THIS? WAIT. IT'S COMING..........You can buy one for you if you want but I don't want one. (weird look from me)

Is that just the best or what?! You gotta love a woman like that. I didn't even have to ask!!!!!
    It's a trick Rick!!!

Been there, heard the same thing!

Bought a $300 shotgun that wound up costing me $2,500 in "but you got a gun" purchases!

That was the first wife. She once tried to pull the same thing over a new chain saw and I called a hault on anything that did not look like a household appliance! One chain saw might equil one new vaccum cleaner but it does not equil new shoes and dresses!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You mean the other shoe may drop?! Man, I hadn't figured on that. They all must be former KGB or something. They were trained someplace I'm positive of that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    They all must be former KGB or something. They were trained someplace I'm positive of that.
    They all belong to a secret society that has been in existance since the dawn of time. Mothers induct their daughters and the training is done at slumber parties and giggle sessions starting at age 4.

Sometimes they will hunt and fish with Dad until they are 14-15 but one day you will pass a parking lot and realize your daughter is having a flat tire on her car changed by a young man, when you know she can do it herself. He!!, she helped you rebuild the engine!

Then the poor sap follows her home to make sure she gets there all right.

Wait a minute! You mean my wife knew how to change that tire? Why of all the...Wait. That might have been a wagon wheel. I've been around a long time.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You're married?Forget about Able Ammo,Atlantic Firearms..........I could be an implicated...........OMG!

This guy named Bobzilla talked me into it.................

Actually, they teach "wife" tactics in high school....
    Nagging ...101
    Bi**ing and Complaining......202
    Advanced Passive /Aggressive guilting......303 w/higher education credits.
    Switch-a-roo...(what you will be dealing with)....extra credit...404

Actually the best defense is simply:
    1) Tell her you love her and mean it, every morning.nite
    2) Just say 'I sorry" every morning...Might not have done anything wrong...yet,.... but you will.
    3) Just say , "Yes, Dear, your are right, I'm wrong".
    4) Non-committal grunt, to be used at all other times.

Hope she doesn't see this....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The cleaning kit and three piece rod arrived today. Even it is packed in cosmoline. Where do they store this stuff to make it smell so bad?

You don't want to know.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, It's gotta work, when you can have a rifle from 1923 with no rust......But on a hot day, in the back of the truck, stuff still weeps out.
    Worst was a Yugo SKS, even the bolt and spring was just stuffed with it.

Surplus Rifleman's Creed

This is my cosmoline encased rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle will be my best friend once it is cleaned. Not even my best friend will help me clean it.
    It is my life and it will take me the rest of my life to clean all the cosmoline out of it.
    I must master it as I must master my life and before the cosmoline masters me.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. At the moment we are both useless.
    I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me.
    I must clean all the cosmoline out of it before I can shoot anyone.
    I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the ability to clean this stinkin' cosmoline then the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. Right after I clean out this @#$# cosmoline. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

A little help here?

Sure, send it up here, I'll clean it for you,....might take a year or so........any thing to help out a buddy.....
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one if for shooting and one is for fun......."

I finished cleaning the cleaning kit. Isn't that an oxymoron? Shouldn't a cleaning kit, by it's very name, be clean?

Bobzilla - Do you have the 4x Russian scope on yours? My cleaning kit came with a yellow lens cover for the Russian scope and I don't have the scope and don't need the cover.

Hi, I'm Rick. I'm a surplus weapons addict.

Yeah, I know, I know. It's a sickness. (hangs head) I bought two, count 'em two, Walther P1s today. I received dispensation for the rifle now I have to figure out how to make the rifle and two handguns become one in her eyes. This is gonna be ugly. (Hand selected of course).

http://www.classicarms.us/firearms.htm

I have often posted links to Steve's Pages for military manuals but many may not realize that he also has equally great link to manuals for weapons, flashlights, metal detectors, optics, cameras and reloading tools. As always, take only what you need and mind his bandwidth. And if you like what you see consider making a donation to help him defer costs.

http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm

You might also be interested in his reloading page.

http://stevespages.com/table1.html

It falls under the "single purchase" clause Rick. They came as a unit as a single expendeture.

Do not show them to her! As long as you keep your mouth shut they will blend into the contents of the gun safe and not be noticed.

At one time my basic gun trading gear included a can of black wallmart spray paint. Any single shot shotgun, cheap .22 or knickaround rifle got the black paint before it came home. I never had to explain anything. As far as the x-wife was concerned they were "just the old black gun" I always had with me, or taken apart on the workbench.

Hey rick if you scroll down on that link they have M91/30 rifles starting at only $75 !!!!!
    And every rifle comes with a bayonet, sling, and a complete accessory kit!!!
    And you can order them in crates of 20!!!

Sorry, just try'n to feed the madness
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Yeah, but my wife shoots. Trust me, she knows the difference between a pistola, a rifle and a cast iron skillet. She can use any of the three with aplomb (I just wanted to use the word aplomb).

Thanks for the site....I have this pages saved somewhere, but couldn't find it, so book marked it again.
    Bad part of these newer computers, as you can save sooooooo much stuff, just don't remember where.

So, now as your latest purchase was a pair of hand guns....they do not even resemble a rifle....might be a sticky.
    Best not mixing "apples and oranges " so to speak.

DW really can't tell the difference between a Mauser and a Nagant....They all look alike....so it not a problem, but pistol vs rifle.....tough sell.
    Congrats and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Hey rick if you scroll down on that link they have M91/30 rifles starting at only $75 !!!!!
    And every rifle comes with a bayonet, sling, and a complete accessory kit!!!
    And you can order them in crates of 20!!!
    I have 3. (sigh)