Thread: AS good As A Dog

Default AS good As A Dog

If you can start the day with out caffeine. If you can get going without pep pills. If you can always be cheerful ignoring aches and pains. If you can resist complaining and boring others with your troubles. If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it. If you can understand when your loved ones are to busy to give you any time. If you can overlook it when your loved ones take it out on you when, through no fault of of your own something goes wrong. If you can take criticism and blame without resentment. If you can ignore a friends limited education and never correct him. If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend. I f you can face the world the world without lies and deceit. If you can conquer tension without medical help. If you can relax without liquor. If you can sleep without the aid of drugs. If you can honestly say deep in your heart that you have no prejudice against creed color race religion or politics. Then my friend you are almost as good as your dog.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.

Ain't that the truth........Thanks!
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

My step mom has a plaque in her house.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some considerable influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My commander told me," If you want to know who loves you, lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car. After an hour open it and see who's happy to see you." Now THAT'S unconditional LOVE. (or a tire iron!)
    If you always do what you've always done...
    You'll always get what you've always gotten.

No matter where you go...
    there you are.

Those are both good. Another I ran across, and forgive me if it was here, but it say'a " Dogs aren't my whole life but they do make my life whole"
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.