Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hot Weather

I must concur with the folks from AK. For me, anything over 60F is too hot, and that's if I'm sitting still. If I have to actually move, it had better be closer to 50. I've never managed to acclimate to the heat & humidity of the east coast. It took the temperatures of Twentynine Palms to make me actually sweat, the only other times being when I was pregnant. Since sweating is the usual cooling method, I'm sunk here in the east. Drinking water doesn't help me at all; I'd literally die of water poisoning before I felt like I'd consumed enough to get cool. Yes, I was born this way, and yes, most folks around here cannot understand why I love being outside in the middle of winter.
    Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. Eric Hoffer
    "A home without a cat — a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat — may be a home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?"
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*** by the clean end."

One of my friends is that way (insert your "you have friends joke" here), we'll be outside work'n, 90 degrees out, I'll be drinched in sweat and he won't have a bead of sweat on him. Then the guy we work for, I've never seen a man sweat so much. He will litterely have sweat poring off of him, there will be a puddle below where he is work'n. I'm head go-phor, my friend is head everything else, and our boss is head air conditioned cab operator.

Like your avatar by the way angel, DTOM
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I was that way most of my life. Not really a good thing. You can overheat much too quickly. Not sweating brings it's own problems. And I have always been comfortable with no coat in winter unless it was bitter cold. Last few years not so much.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.