Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Catfish Bait

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    ...If you show up with baby rattlers for fish bait where I'm fishing you will probably go home with a holy bait bucket and I'll go home with an empty magazine. Just sayin'.
    I would concur with this logic....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Baby rattlers for fish bait and noodling fall into the, "Hold my beer and watch this," category for me. If you show up with baby rattlers for fish bait where I'm fishing you will probably go home with a holy bait bucket and I'll go home with an empty magazine. Just sayin'.
    I certainly wouldn't encourage using baby rattlers as bait, but it does go to show how vast bait selection can be. The stories of bait used by the old timers are endless.
    “One swallow does not make a summer, but one skein of geese, cleaving the murk of a March thaw, is the spring.” ― Aldo Leopold

My uncle used to make his own. It was some type of dough stuff and smelled like stinkyass feet. He wouldn't give anyone the ingred.

Willie
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    My uncle used to make his own. It was some type of dough stuff and smelled like stinkyass feet. He wouldn't give anyone the ingred.

Willie
    I'll bet he wouldn't give out his secret recipe because - a) it wouldn't be a secret any more and b) the mystery of all those missing (and stinky) socks would no longer get blamed on the dryer.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If you feet smell like stinky*** then you're storing your socks in the wrong place.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

If y'all are looking for a good stink bait, that will stay on the hook, Rick has this thong.......LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    If y'all are looking for a good stink bait, that will stay on the hook, Rick has this thong.......LOL
    Now that right there is funny!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.