Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is a "DAYPACK".....???

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    My question is more of what "IS" a Daypack and when does a daypack become a small packback......? Not what is in the pack.
    See I find that what I had considered a daypack 3,300 c.i. is really a common backpack.

Lady B. I never really thought of it, but I guess my 18.5 pound pack at 3,300 c.i. really is my every day carry.
    SD, what do you do every day to need to carry that much weight?
    Sounds like a lot to me but then I don't do 10 mile hikes in the wilderness every day. My EDC in the urban jungle is 5lbs max, the heaviest item being a bottle of H2O.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com

Home Military Backpacks/Bags Tactical Packs Military - style Sidekick Sling Bag

Might be easier to buy the durn thing!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yes sir! that is it! I wish I knew what I did wrong...TY very much for your assistance....must be rocket science and you sir! are the Minister of Science!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Well, garsh (he said humbly).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, garsh (he said humbly).
    I better get my order in now that it has been endorsed on WSF by the MoS!

CS - The one Rick posted looks similar. The Maxpedition costs quite a bit more. Here is there Versa Pack page. http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Versipacks-c4.htm

I've been looking at some of their Gear Slinger packs. I like the way the ride. They can rotate quickly to the front for access to a CCW. http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...-Series-c2.htm
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey, I didn't endorse anything. I just helped you get it up. What I mean to say is....now look what you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    I better get my order in now that it has been endorsed on WSF by the MoS!
    I cannot speak to the quality and features of the one from Sportsman Guide. The Maxpeditions are built like tanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Subs. Submarines. Tanks go on land. They don't hold water. Built like a sub. You old guys keep straying.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I cannot speak to the quality and features of the one from Sportsman Guide. The Maxpeditions are built like tanks.
    I can't either but I'll give it a go based on the reviews it looks to be a value. I checked the maxpedition site you posted and wow those are real nice..This will do to see if I like the carry method. But yeah! those are real nice!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    SD, what do you do every day to need to carry that much weight?
    Sounds like a lot to me but then I don't do 10 mile hikes in the wilderness every day. My EDC in the urban jungle is 5lbs max, the heaviest item being a bottle of H2O.
    I don't do ten miles everyday. Typical is 2 to 4 miles. Yesterday I did a bunch, and was whipped today. So today is just sat in the sun, ate fresh red salmon and pumped a little iron.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 07-06-2011 at 08:26 PM.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com

Home Military Shooting Tactical Gear Military Shooting Gear, Army Surplus Military Shooting Gear and Equipment

Crash...check out the Hipster, the reviews say it is comparable to the Maxpedition... I ordered 3 of the sidekicks..@ 18 ozs... I liked it! The Hipster seamed bulky but very well made...might save ya some bucks! It is over a pound but I suspect the Maxpedition is too....

Link doesn't work.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Link doesn't work.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...p=WX2&i=165257

Ok! It works untill I reload the page...ohhh Minister of Science, where are thee????

Blog Entries

Cool Yo, Cowboy Survival...

Maxpedition products are extremely heavy duty, but check this place out before you buy! Low S & H as well!

http://www.emgear.net/Products/ProdV...qs=Maxpedition
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Well, i'll add my four penny worth'. From the various answers given, there appears to be no one definition of a Day Pack. It seems to mean different things to different people depending on their location and what they are doing or where they are going to.
    My definition of a Day pack is one that holds a few bits and peices I consider prudent to take with me when I go out for a walk. Your Day Pack will obviously vary in contents from mine because our geographical locations are so different. I don't see that weight of the pack has anything to do with it. It's the contents that count. JMO
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Default My Pack

http://www.asmc.de/en/Travel/Back-pa...ivgreen-p.html

My Rucksack TT Mission Bag from Tasmanian Tiger is my all around pack. Mine has gone everywhere(and I do mean everywhere) with me. It's just short of 1900 CI and can be built on with the right idea or 2 with the webbing. I was lucky enough to find this at a PX in country, but if your fortunate enough to find anything from Tasmanian Tiger, take a serious look at it.