Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MRE's

Blog Entries

I totally agree with Commoguy because I read this post and looked at some in my basement and the calorie intake on each package read 2500 to 3500 calories. They give more than one in training because its just that, training but when I was in the Army we had a couple cases per squad (I was LRSD) and we ransacked it taking out what we wanted and pitching the rest or giving them to kids.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I believe (not sure) that the 1400 calorie number is for the main course. With some sellers you don't have to purchase the entire "full" MRE. Add in the other items (fudge brownie, cookie, sauces, whatever) and I think you get into the 2500 - 3500 calorie range.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

you can dehytrate all most any thing and make your .from tea to steak fish you name it got two dehytraters and love them always make my own jerky soups tea.
    If i don't get some whiskey soon i'm going to die!!!!!! didn't put eough dirt down saw it right off...

Here's a bit more info on MRE's. A lot of what I found was contradictory, so I can see why there may be a wide variety of opinions.

http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Food/MRE_Fast_Facts.html

http://www.safetycentral.com/mrfahishliin.html

http://www.mreinfo.com/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And there are different "versions" of the MREs depending on year of manufacture so that might add to mix as well.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Genuine Military MRE'S

Please excuse me if I am in the wrong but I am sitting on about 60 cases of Genuine Military MRE's, current production dates with bright red freshness stickers. I have been selling on ebay for 55.00 per case, A or B. They will not stop ending my auctions because they "think" mre heaters cannot be shipped in the meal, they are wrong. DOT has approved this. I have the cheapest shipping on ebay and good feedback ( **EDIT** ) ( 135) . Anyone want any? If I posted in the wrong forum please just be polite and let me know.
    Chris
    Last edited by Rick; 08-12-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Knowing the ebay user name is, in affect, advertising, which is against the forum rules.

OK, I'm not sure what to do here, because he asked for someone polite.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I've been practicing Trax, I'll give it a try. Quartermaster - forum rules do not allow you to advertise or link to your site in the body of your post. If you'd like to join the forum. please feel free. You can put a link in your signature - that way everytime you post, it'll be there. If all you want to do is sell the MRE's and not participate, that's cool - just contact the administrator of the site and see about advertising here. Lot's of members use MRE's - you never know....How'd I do Trax?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

very good crash,you HAVE been practicing!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Helluva lot better than I would have done bro. Where does one pick up this "politeness" thing? One day, perhaps, I'll give it a go.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

It comes with practice. It does however take some time to master. Every now and then the urge to choke the living ....... well you get the idea.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default freezedried foods

i am planning on trying some of the freezedried products on my next camping trip...has anyone tried the freezedried icecream sandwich? the concept puzzles me

Welcome to the forum laughing beetle. Freeze dried ice cream is one that I have not tried. When you get a chance, head on over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I keep MRE's ive got a couple cases of them. twelve meals to the case , the $46.00 for each case is pricey
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

I like the MRE entrees, and buy a few cases now & then for emergencies and camping. I add the sides and accessories to suit me. I find it takes two entree packets to make a decent camp meal, along with desert and beverage of choice.
    But, I wouldn't want to live off them.

I also use the Mountain House packets Wally's sells, as well as the various "Ready-To-Eat Rice Meals" from the grocery stores. Those taste a bit 'processed', but are good doctored up some. I add a foil-packet of meat - chicken, tuna or SPAM.
    I eat the various meals occasionally to keep myself accustomed to them - suddenly getting the squirts in the middle of a BO situation would be decidedly uncool.
    For home use during storms and power outages - it's canned and dry-packaged food - the stuff I normally eat. Only my method of cooking changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog57 View Post
    I eat the various meals occasionally to keep myself accustomed to them - suddenly getting the squirts in the middle of a BO situation would be decidedly uncool.
    That's why keeping some of this in you BOB can be equally important.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Or if your going primitive...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Tony uk

I'm surprised to hear you like MRE's so much. I've eaten enough of those for a lifetime and never want to touch one again unless I have to. I just returned from Iraq a couple months ago and had them all the time, and in the 2003 invasion, that was literally all I had to eat for months. Not my favorite thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Tony uk

I'm surprised to hear you like MRE's so much. I've eaten enough of those for a lifetime and never want to touch one again unless I have to. I just returned from Iraq a couple months ago and had them all the time, and in the 2003 invasion, that was literally all I had to eat for months. Not my favorite thing in the world.

I like them for there convenience and the ammount of contents they contain for there size. The taste is pritty good for me.

However if i had to eat them for months, or anyone had to. Then i would hate the things reguardless of what there like.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

My dads in the Navy, right now over in iraq. He's gonna send me a couple MRE's. He gets them for free.
    KILL OR BE KILLED