Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canned bread....B&M

The other thing you can consider is Hard Tack. I've made quite a bit of it and it is just that. Not bad, though and not bad at all if soaked.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    My very first post here was asking about making bread dough right in a flour sack....Using a bowl shaped indentation in the flour to mix it in.
    Saw it in a recipe book written by Bradford Angier, I thought........Still haven't found it.
    H63 - Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but it sounds close. TJ is a member here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tjwiltube#p/u/7/cG2LNK3YP38
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks B.
    Quinoa here is more expensive than organic wheat flour, by at least a factor of 2.
    Makes me glad I'm not gluten intolerant!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    H63 - Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but it sounds close. TJ is a member here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tjwiltube#p/u/7/cG2LNK3YP38
    Thanks,.......interesting.
    That's the idea, but described in the old cook book was a slightly more of a raised type bread, with the salt, backing powder, and such....And how they kept it warm to raise.

I checked that book out of the library about 5 times, but when I went back it had been taken off the shelves.
    My search has resulted in my purchase of several books By B.Angier and Col. Whelen, Old timey but still good......

I have not found the recipe as of yet, or the cook book that it was in..........And I checked out everyone in our library system, and purchased a bunch more on the interweb....used copies.....And most were discarded library copies!

BTW. I/we have done the mix the dry ingredients at home, carry to rendezvous in a cloth sack....then mix on site and bake in a DO.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well, yesterday after a long wait.....My canned B&M bread is supposed to be 'batch made", the first case showed up.
    I say first case as I only ordered one....Then DW says....Oh, they have that at the supermarket, was that what you were talking about?
    Well, DUH........( I think she ignores me some times)

If was waiting for us when we returned home from the place.....and as I was unloading the truck....FEDX shows up with another case?????/
    Called the people.....Lady says, "Well we were just having a conversation about that, here this morning."
    Puts me on hold....then comes back on the line and says, "Merry Christmas, just keep it.... no charge"

So.... trying some out w/cream cheese for "brunch"....Kinda like it so far.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Mmmmm. That molassesy creamy goodness. Mmmmm.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.