Thread: Weather got me down with temperatures UP!

Default Weather got me down with temperatures UP!

Well we are heading into our third week of no rain and the thermometer has had triple digets for two of the last three weeks. My garden is taking a beating. The tomatoes that get shade are doing ok but anything in full sun all day is just about done.
    They are claiming drought and have burn bans in place. Texas is buying up Louisiana hay at top dollar and Louisana may not have a second cutting for hay.
    Wanna talk about being prepared? I'm looking for suggestions and shade.
    If you always do what you've always done...
    You'll always get what you've always gotten.

No matter where you go...
    there you are.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I feel your pain, it is sweltering here also............http://www.accuweather.com/us/ak/hop...st-details.asp

Our sumer is finally kicking in as well. it's not too bad yet, but my philosophy is that anything over 80f. should be outlawed. I knew it was that time of year again just today when I ate, sat down, blinked and the next thing i knew it was 2 hours later.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

I know how you feel BD. Drought was declared last week. Cool and dry 'aint good for the garden either. Hay yields are way down, with a second cut not on the cards.

Canid, anything over 60 would be nice!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I'm a 0 to 70 person, and better under than over.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Over here in Georgia, thought we would get some rain a few times but nada. Tomatoes are doing great as I have connected a line from my AC unit cond. pump and the soil is constantly getting water. Matter of fact, had to re-direct as they were getting too much water.

I'm however really enjoying the heat right now. But then, I enjoy the cold, wet, hot, sunny, shade, etc. I'm just glad to be alive. Sometimes.

That's a good idea! We are looking to route ours to a rain barrel.
    If you always do what you've always done...
    You'll always get what you've always gotten.

No matter where you go...
    there you are.