Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: survival kit lists/Survivor's attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't know what word to use, I just do not wanna die.
    Avoid deep fryed haggis with a fryed marsbar one after the other

Scottish version of a cynide pill
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't know what word to use, I just do not wanna die.
    well done Sam, brevity is the soul of eloquence.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by zervosc View Post
    And the other discussion about attitude......attitude in emergency situations is unuseful - I cannot understand your attitude too...Christos - Athens - Greece
    Oh it's zervo....for a few seconds there I thought it was zero...hey I still do! Somehow, the challenge of surviving in a country that has one of the best year round climates in the world and probably hasn't had any wild predators roaming around for the last 1000 years or so doesn't seem like all that big a deal to me to begin with, but I could be wrong.

So, zervo, if you're suddenly hit by an earthquake and a big ol' wave comes rolling in from the ocean, do you sit there and say...someone else will look after it? Nope, you don't (or well...I don't, maybe you do) but see.....see where we're going here?

And, I should add....you may notice that I mouth off and kid around with people a lot on here, mostly folks know I'm joking and I almost never make personal attacks ..buuuut, if I think someone else is making personal attacks, the gloves come off there punkin, Sarge is my friend. Got anything in your ten item pack for that?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Well said Trax
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thank you crashdive

Default I respect,

Trax,

I really respect the hundreds of lines written for my metal box (with the 24 items......).

It seems to me that my survival kit is not so small as it looks like.....

Quote Originally Posted by zervosc View Post
    Trax,
    It seems to me that my survival kit is not so small as it looks like.....
    Maybe you should have included a pair of bifocals...kidding...

I like to sum up attitude/ psycology or survival in a few words

Good attitude + Kit = Chance

Good attitude - No Kit = Chance

Bad attitude - Kit = No chance
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Zervosc - You asked for opinions so don't get you feathers ruffled when you receive them. Just accepting the input and make changes if you want or not.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

No wonder I can't pick up women. Bad attitude and no kit. Dang!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    I like to sum up attitude/ psycology or survival in a few words

Good attitude + Kit = Chance

Good attitude - No Kit = Chance

Bad attitude - Kit = No chance
    Oh my God, Tony! That makes bloody good sense. You keep that up and I'm going to have to stop picking on you!! (Of course, even a broken clock is right twice a day, so.....)

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Oh my God, Tony! That makes bloody good sense. You keep that up and I'm going to have to stop picking on you!! (Of course, even a broken clock is right twice a day, so.....)
    YAY no more bullying of the little scottish person

What time(s) of the day is a broken clock right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Could be the frocks too, Rick...I'm not sayin'...but maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That seriously sounds like a personal problem Rick,I am so sorry And Trax is right,the frocks dont help!

Default Well now

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    YAY no more bullying of the little scottish person

What time(s) of the day is a broken clock right ?
    Here's a wee experiment for ye! Set yer bonnie wee ...whatever... down wi' a clock that works and a clock that doesn't and come back to us when y've an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Here's a wee experiment for ye! Set yer bonnie wee ...whatever... down wi' a clock that works and a clock that doesn't and come back to us when y've an answer...
    Cotcha. This might take a wee while

Attitude is certainly number one. It is undoubtedly the most important ingredient of survival. With the proper attitude almost anything is possible. If a person doesn't have this attitude, how then can this person develop the survival attitude? To make it through the worst a strong will or determination to live is needed. A powerful desire to continue living is a must. The mind has the power to will the body to extraordinary feats. Records have shown that will alone has often been the major factor for surviving wilderness emergencies. Without the will to live survival is impossible. Survival is possible in most situations but it demands a lot of a person. Humans can be very brave and resourceful when in emergency situations. The mind is a very powerful force. It has control of the body, its actions, and its reasoning. What affects you mentally affects you physically. If you think that you can't survive, then you won't try to survive. A commitment to live, refusal to give up, and positive mental attitude greatly increase chances for survival.

I don't think it even has to be a positive attitude. Just the attitude that you are not going to die. I've talked to a lot of WWII POWs that survived for one reason. They were not going to let the SOBs beat 'em. That's not a positive attitude but it is the attitude of a survivor.

I think you are right on the money, Corndog, I just think a better description might be a survivor's attitude. It's just a matter of semantics, however. We are both describing the same mindset.

Blog Entries

Cool Yo "Z", part 2.

Listen up "Z", I'm not trying to "Diss" ya, just teach ya, Okay? Your pics will soon be buried in the archives; posting to either, or both, the Blog site and/or The new Wiki will make them available to anyone who wants to view them. Also you get to write down your thoughts and lists as well. It's a really good suggestion. REMY has posted some great stuff there, as well as others. Oh, BTW, here's some background on me:

How tough am I?

I've been married....twice, but not at the same time of course.

I've been "dissed" by Ranger Rick.

I've killed "Heathen Chinee Spambots."

I'm 60 years old and I survived the 60's.

I've been an Assistant Scoutmaster and think the Boy Scouts are "All That"!

The Military didn't want me because I can't hear too good.

I look like Alan Alda but talk like John Wayne; Nature has a mean sense of humor.

Hope that answers some of your questions.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

BLA BLAA BLA . SARGE ,RICK ,BEO,CRASH This is what I thought this site was about step up give of you'r self where are you at REMY words of wisdom are wasted on the knowledged RICK the quiet in the storm get it ,...anticdote or antidote ?? age is a metafore for knowledge... step up....