Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock in oil in a Zip-Lock Bag no air.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    This absolutely has to be the best ever thread on "best thing to do with a Glock"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by glockcop View Post
    I can come up with a few more "Best things to do with a Glock". Know what I mean? This could get interesting.
    LOL, It has been kinda quite around here, but it sounds like SD ain't bitin'

Need a fresh cup o' joe..........Alright..... ready.....GO.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have been using Bar Oil..........for you city people Bar Oil is not a beverage, but is a very, and I do mean very sticky & thick oil used to lubricate chainsaw bars & chain loops.

I't also a real female dog to get out of the trailer's wood floor, when the top comes off a new gal jug.....It's got be the nastiest oil I can think off, so I bet nothing will get thru it...Sticks to everything.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I don't know how readily available it is, but we used Tourmaline grease on submarines (probably through out the rest of the Navy too). That stuff held up to some pretty demanding conditions.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

SD, Give Fluid Film a try. It is lanolin based not petrolium based. It won't harm wood plastic or metal and stays where you put it.
    I know what hunts you.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    SD, Give Fluid Film a try. It is lanolin based not petroleum based. It won't harm wood plastic or metal and stays where you put it.
    Yes, this was suggested by a local person also. And is available in Los Anchorage. I have never used it but it sounds like a good product.

what's left of waveland mississippi after Katrina

I didn't even think of film fluid...Sarky's right..good stuff...Let us know what you decide on SD...probably a benefit to others as well.

Good Luck and God Bless

Lee
    shoot low boys, they're ridin' shetland ponies

Now: Michigan, Previously: Alaska, California, North Carolina, Mississippi

SD, I'm sure you have a vacuum sealer somewhere around your place, for prepping halibut and salmon for the freezer and such.

Would work a lot better for long-term storage than a zip-loc bag.

With a vacuum-sealed bag (preferably sealed twice on both ends for good measure) you really wouldn't have to store it soaked in oil. Just lube the metal parts up really good with your choice of lubes and seal it up real good.

I do this with the SP2022's (9mm) I have in my "oh-snip kit". I put on a real good, thick layer of Royal Purple ATF and bag both of them in vacuum-seal bags. Same with the ammo, sans ATF though...
    "They, the makers of the Constitution: conferred, as against the government, the right to be let alone - the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men. Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding."
    - Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis, 1928

Default wool fat......

wool fat boys.......wool fat........... !!

(otherwise known as 'lanolin')

being a Kiwi by birth I KNOW all about this stuff.....

sticks like **** to a wet blanket, and if you'veever been in a shearing shed you'll note that damn all 'rusts'......

plus with NZ being half cousin to Alaska (ask Winter) aka........theres a ****load of RAIN. The south west coast measures rain in 'metres' per year, not millimetres and most people just spray everydamnthing with Lanolin

I would be afraid that the oil would destroy the grips over time. The plastic bag would almost certainly deteroiate. Cosmoline is still sold. I would coat the plastic parts in a heavy coat of wax, Cosmoline the metal. wrap it in plastic, put in an ammo can. Run a bead of high qualitycauld around the rubber gasket on the can before you close and lock it down. After closing, run another bead around the seam where the top closes down-seal around the hinghes and clasp also. Spray the outside of the can down with several coats of bedliner.Wrap repeatedly in plastic.

Good idea Shalacko. I read that fluid film is pretty good too. SD how you planning on burying the ammo? I wish I had guns to bury...had to pay off gambling debt.
    Last edited by RCKCRWLER; 07-15-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Well, he didn't have to but he's learned to love his kneecaps.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, he didn't have to but he's learned to love his kneecaps.

Theirs gold, er I meen, guns in them there hills!!!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

People have done the vacuum seal method and later dug up bags-o-rust. With vacuum seal, you will never get all of the air out of the bag.
    BEND OVER - Here comes the "change"

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders." - Ted Nugent