Thread: Knife recommendations.

Default Knife recommendations.

What does everyone think about Ruko knives. Have a chance to get a camo fixed blade reasonably cheap. Give me your thoughts.

Never heard of them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

They look cheap compared to what they are copying. For the same price range a Mora would be a better tool, IMO.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

i'm not personally familiar with the company. they look like a place to get budget imitations of other maker's knives. like a flea market; i'd expect you get what you pay for.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you had to ask...

I wouldn't own one, they look like cheap knock-offs of name-brand knives. Quite frankly I had to look them up because, until you posted, I'd never heard of them. No RH # is listed either. Remember, you get what you pay for. I'd recommend the Mora 2000 Survival knife over one of these.

ps: Check out "Crashblades," word has it that he made the prototype for the Gerber/Bear Grylls knife!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I am gonna give it a try. I already have moras(including the 2000), so what the heck.

Can you give a review of them?

Sometimes a guy can get a good'un for cheap.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I wont be getting it until late June/early July, but I will post a review if and when.

I highly recommend Ka-Bar knives. I have been using them for years and have never had a problem. They also come with a lifetime warranty. Dont buy them in stores because they cost a little much I think. I recently bought one that sells for around $100 in stores for $56 on the internet. They do have cheaper ones if that is still a little much for you. Go to www.tomarskabars.com. They are excellent to work with and ship very quickly. I hope this information may help you.

Ummmmm - but what is your opinion of the knife brand in the OP?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel