Thread: where else to put this?

Default where else to put this?

Well it's been a busy week when it comes to things I'm replacing or upgrading. I left a lot of stuff in San Diego accidentally so it's probably a good idea that I spend the little bit of paypal money I have there (no credit card) and get some useful things.

First off I got a snake skin for my hammock. This is going to make putting it up and taking it down so much easier. I can also not have a bag for it anymore (yay!). It compacts it smaller in the back pack and that makes life awesome.

Next up on the block. I've finally gone the way of the bar. These past six or so weeks at the new place have turned me into a believer of the ka-bar. My friend uses his to no extent and when I've used it I have to say it's a damn fine knife for what we've been doing and then some. Sometimes you try to **** the bar, but the bar always ****s you is a common phrase around the house.

Decided to upgrade the compass from lensatic to prismatic. Gonna need some practice with that one. I like it just from doing some simple map work so far. Let's see how it helps in the woods.

The other things I've gotten were for the 10/22 I just picked up. Just some basic mods to make it a better gun. I'll get to test the ever living hell out of it at this coming apple seed at the end of the month.

Other things done: Reorganized the IFAK, redid the toiletry kit, got my cook kit down to almost nothing, cleaned my water filter, modified the really small "oh crap everything is gone" survival kit to include water purification and started to organize things to add a belt and shoulder bag combo. This way the big gear can be in my pack and left at base camp, the important things can be on the second tier of my gear.

I may take pictures or maybe even a video of the things I have done once everything is accomplished. Now to find a good shoulder bag.

I must be a bit behind. I have to go google a prismatic compass.