Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does any one have a plan to build a chimney oven!

Smile Does any one have a plan to build a chimney oven!

Hi,
    I am wanting to know where I can buy a cheap chimney oven. It fits in a wood heater stove pipe, you can bake in the chimney oven. Also, if any one has plans to the building of one I would love to hear about it. I have always wanted a chimney oven.
    I am trying to get a remote cabin set up for survival if the economy turns worse and there are no jobs. Any one that can send me any ideas! I would love to hear
    Thanks,
    cabingirl

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I've never heard of such a creation before...tell me more.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Sportsmans Warehouse sells them also. And Cabela's has them in their catalog. Most wall tent manufactures sell them too.

Ummm. Well, Trax. The chimney oven has a chimney...well....through the oven. Sort of a....chimney oven. Stop your blasted working and click on some links. Crimeny!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You can build large ones using a 55 gal. or 30 gal. barrel. It is just like a stack robber, only the stove pipe runs through, not into and out of, like a stack robber.

Thanks for clearing that up hopeak, shut up Rick, now...what the **** is a stack robber?

Rick? you wanna field that one? You did so well with the chimney oven. I'm guessing that the bypass thingie it picks up the heat from the chimney and smoke goes through the bypass by the way
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

For God's sake man don't click on the link above whatever you do. The picture would never explain what it's about. Free Traxistan, huh? Lord and ruler, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    For God's sake man don't click on the link above whatever you do. The picture would never explain what it's about. Free Traxistan, huh? Lord and ruler, right?
    I'll have my pygmies check those things for me, you'll see oh yes, you'll all see!! muhahahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Whats wrong with Lord and Ruler??

Banned
    Blog Entries

A stack robber......Well the whole stack gives off heat. Single wall giving the most, then your doubble wall giving less. and your metealbestious giving little heat transfer.

Some stack robbers have fans, some have finns or louvers to conduct heat. And some are a second large smoke chamber, which slows the smoke from rapid exit so more heat can be extracted, robbed.

Some people put rocks in a second 55 gal. drum above the barrel stove and run the stack in one end and out the side of the stack robber.

Cabela's sells a stack robber for $44.99 Yankee.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You can also bake in the fire box. It is tricky with just aluminum foil but can be done. It works easy to bake in the fire box with a Dutch Oven, (a large castiron pot, and lid). The best is Aluminumfoil inside the Dutch oven.

Voyageur enseignant

Rick ... Thanks for the link! They also have some nice looking wall tents in there. Looks like cabingirl won't exactly get a "cheap" chimney oven there, but the one these fellows sell looks top-notch. Good info! NorthWind
    Last edited by NorthWindTrails; 01-29-2008 at 10:16 PM.

It was one of the cheapest I found. Many sell in the 300+ range.

Thanks hopeak...see Rick? A basic command of the English language and a little willilngness to help.....is that so much to ask, surferboy?

Check please.

Thank you every one for the information on the chimney oven. I will check this out.
    Cabingirl

Quote Originally Posted by cabingirl View Post
    Thank you every one for the information on the chimney oven. I will check this out.
    Cabingirl
    Glad I could be so helpful , pretty much had to beat the information out of Twink...Rick. Where you building this cabin by the way? or is it a secret?

The cabin is already built, and yes, it is a secret, I will say this much, it is joining a national forrest on two sides.
    Cabingirl
    Last edited by cabingirl; 02-06-2008 at 03:03 PM.

well maybe you can post something on the construction some time...might be helpful for those learning such stuff, without revealing any deeply guarded secrets of course. I think that's great by the way, that you have the cabin.