Thread: large quanity stove alcohol opportunities

Default large quanity stove alcohol opportunities

Earlier this week I attended a three day class in lansing. The class was about geothermal heating and cooling. There was discussion about earth loops and the antifreeze recommended for these earth loops.

There was talk about using methanol as a loop antifreeze. I buy my methanol in the little yellow heet bottle and that's all I need. However if a person wanted to put by a large quantity, a five gallon bucket of the loop antifreeze would go a long ways and would most likely be a lot cheaper.

Bear in mind to get the pure methanol and not the pre-mix and methanol is very explosive and flammable.

I guess it comes down to cost effectiveness.

Heet works in alky stoves, but I find denatured alcohol in quart or gallon cans at the paint section of home improvement and hardware stores to be cheaper. Cheaper still in KameApart and FalApart.
    Wherefore, let us be thankful that there are still thousands of cool, green nooks beside crystal springs, where the weary soul may hide for a time, away from debts, duns and deviltries, and a while commune with nature in her undress. ~ George W. “Nessmuk” Sears ~